Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Only if someone does it, and it's unlikely. There are certain issues, outdated phone stack for one.
and the outdated phone stack is the reason why there were quite a few issues for phone calls (& SMSes) w/ MeeGo on the N900?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
no i meant for normal users who just use it as a phone and cannot afford to live with bugsn not a stable release of OS on their cell phone
Ive used Symbian, Android, Maemo- all of which had bugs. It doesnt make them any less usable for the everyday user.

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
Originally Posted by azkay View Post
Ive used Symbian, Android, Maemo- all of which had bugs. It doesnt make them any less usable for the everyday user.
i am saying that the MEEGO DEVELOPERS EDITION is not stable enough for normal users. dont u think a person would rather use maemo than meego developers edition on his n900? i mean that meego is only for developers now. its not stable enough for normal users like nitroid. maemo is stable and has bugs but is stable n therefore available for users

Originally Posted by jedi View Post
What features of MeeGo do you believe you 'need' on your N900?
phone calls, sms, applications, no hangs, no lags, good web browsing, an application manager to download apps, fm transmitter, no crashes, no mess ups, bluetooth, infrared, camera,3g etc.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
phone calls, sms, applications, no hangs, no lags, good web browsing, an application manager to download apps, fm transmitter, no crashes, no mess ups, bluetooth, infrared, camera,3g etc.
I think his question was "what do you want from a meego based distribution that you do not have in the current meamo distribution".

dont you have all that on maemo??

Meego runs but the default UI that comes with it is really far from done.
I hope we'll soon see meego + cordia for N900.
(Including the DSP kernel patches for playing 720p video:P)

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
As others have pointed out, you already have all these features and more in Maemo. Just be patient until Meego for the masses is released and in the meantime enjoy marvelous Maemo - an OS designed for a device designed for an OS.

yes i know maemo is nice. but meego would feel better. cant wait for a community release for users