Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Holy cow euchre.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
Tell me what you know and keep the judgements to yourself.
I have a better system here. I ASK and YOU TELL me what you know.
Umm, nice system indeed. But it doesn't work like this. You seem to ignore the fact that you are not entitled to any answer or help. So basically you have to play by rules set by people who provide answers, not the other way around. Got it? There is one result of all your talk. Most people will think twice before helping you and then just forget it since most likely it will be just waste of their time.

Looks like there is nice article worth of reading. You may read whole article as many chapters apply directly to you but here are some specific pointers
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ns.html#before
and there is even one question in the "Questions Not To Ask" chapter similar to yours
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-....html#id272074

euchre, you just aren't listening. It's not necessarily that we WON'T give you instructions on how to "crack wifi using kismet, dsniff, and aircrack-ng", but rather that we CAN'T.

THERE IS NO ONE COMMAND LINE TO OPEN UP EVERY SINGLE ENCRYPTED WIFI ACCESS POINT. THERE ISN"T EVEN A SINGLE COMMAND LINE TO OPEN EVERY WEP-ENCRYPTED ACCESS POINT.

OK, GO BACK AND READ THE PASSAGE ABOVE UNTIL YOU BELIEVE IT- IT'S TRUE!

If you really want to use programs like this, you'll have to take the time to understand them. The options you have to pass to each program depend VERY MUCH on what type of network you're probing the security of. I can't just say type "dsniff -cdn -i eth0" and you can then use it. Unless you know what the options DO, you won't have any luck.

Regardless of whether you, or we, feel that your actions are legally and ethically right or wrong, just blindly typing commands that someone else won't get you anywhere. These tools aren't a script-kiddie "Type in the IP address and I'll run every possible exploit until I get in" tools. Each has a purpose, and they fit together well, but they're not automated, and you'll have to understand the options.

It is the way of the Linux...

I've spent many hours reading manpages and still not getting it.

Originally Posted by the article fanoush linked
In the last question, notice the subtle but important difference between demanding “Give me an answer” and “Please help me figure out what additional diagnostics I can run to achieve enlightenment.”
Ah, but the legendary Irony of Incompetence principle states that those most in need of learning how to draw that crucial distinction are least likely to do so.

Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
The member "ArnimS" gave us all a great command line to use under the title "HOWTO: Increase Screen Dim/Blank timeouts!"...
gconftool-2 -s "/system/osso/dsm/display/display_dim_timeout" 1800 -t INT
gconftool-2 -s "/system/osso/dsm/display/display_blank_timeout" 3600 -t INT
HE DIDN'T TELL US ALL TO GO GOOGLE THE HISTORY OF SCREEN SAVERS IN ORDER TO QUALIFY TO HAVE THIS WONDERFUL FEATURE ADDED TO OUR NOKIA N800!!
This is what I want for ALL software programs... and I do not want to be told I need to go read pages and pages about how X-terminal works with different commands and until I learn half of the commands in X-Terminal ONLY THEN will someone from the Old Boys Club fill me in on the rest. Tell me what you know and keep the judgements to yourself. I come here to learn how to run all 50 software programs on maemo for the Nokia N800... and I get tired having to do each program the long way just because everyone else did it that way. I have a better system here. I ASK and YOU TELL me what you know. Why be jealous and hold out on me just because I have come up with a better system on here than you did? If this was a perfect world for me, I could come on this website and within 1 week learn everything I need to know about the Nokia N800. (not everything but everything *I* need to know) But nooooooooooooo that is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To simple. To logicial. Must read read read read read read and earn respect? OMG give me a few command lines for kismet, dsniff, aircrack, etc... and while you are at it ALL of your repositories... lol... WHY IS THIS SO COMPLICATED? THIS IS INSANE TO ME!! (A LIFETIME WINDOWS USER)
Look, if YOU aren't the least bit interested in what is POSSIBLE, why should WE care about what you WANT ?

Man, you've really gone and made a fool of yourself here. Except maybe if you get some sort of kick out of these rants, you certainly won't make any progress from here on.

Maybe your best bet would be to create a new one-cent pseudo like, say, "blonde newbie with questions!", breathe deeply, and start anew, being real polite and respectful with the Old Boys Club an' all. Just a thought.

I like how in recent days we've started to accumulate a cool collection of eccentric characters. Think maybe our favorite martyr did some recruiting?

or maybe one of us "known unknowns" is going psycho pushing all of our recognized buttons of infinite annoyance.....

dcarter

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I like how in recent days we've started to accumulate a cool collection of eccentric characters. Think maybe our favorite martyr did some recruiting?

This forum does have an ignore-option, you know...

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
This forum does have an ignore-option, you know...
Of course I know, seeing as how I've used it a couple of times. But it's always fun to watch the show first before censoring it.

Closed Thread