Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by enki71 View Post
db created was empty, just the 2 new sms
Are you sure there was no tracker reset done?

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
@thedead i really love, what you're doing here, helping everyone with their little & big problems...
i'd love to offer you a glass of whiskey, just to say thanks but i'm afraid you're too far away and in your time zone it's not time to drink

The Following User Says Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Haha thanks A virtual cheers from here

Do you have anything in mind what can be done for enki71? If he were to read the meta.db it'll be the same thing right since the backup didn't find any lost messages?

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I really don't like to say that, but my first thought was: they're lost forever... i really don't know about something like recycle in Linux...

Edit:
Most of the times i work in Typo3, there is a flag deleted=1 and good to go, but i'm afraid, this does not work for every system...

Last edited by Leinad; 2012-12-07 at 02:47.

Yikes , it means he has lost his data then...

If there is a way in Typo3 there must be some way for the n9 too? Reading lost data from blocks? I don't really know about it but its sad if he lost his important messages...

enki71, try sending a PM to juiceme and pointing him to this thread; I remember somewhile back he had lost all his messages but was able to read some maybe even if they are mangled you can get your important data out? In the meantime try not using the phone at least till juiceme helps out just to prevent any thing from over-writing the blocks...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
If there is a way in Typo3 there must be some way for the n9 too?
Sadly not, this is just handling of the database, nothing gets REALLY deleted, just a flag is set.... but when you delete files, i don't know a way to restore them... would be happy, if someone corrects me... N9 running on Debian like 90% of servers...

I'd really love to see you guys get this, though i don't have much hope... keep up your amazing work!

Last edited by Leinad; 2012-12-07 at 03:59.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
enki71, try sending a PM to juiceme and pointing him to this thread; I remember somewhile back he had lost all his messages but was able to read some maybe even if they are mangled you can get your important data out? In the meantime try not using the phone at least till juiceme helps out just to prevent any thing from over-writing the blocks...
Hi!

Unfortunately I do not have a foolproof solution to this, I did indeed do the stupidest thing and hard-resetted the tracker DB's, but I was really lucky as I had backups.

It actually took me a day to realise I was not gutted with this, as my last "official" backup was more than a month before.
First I restored the backups I had from the previous month, but later I noticed that just a day before I messed up my tracker, I actually had done a full directory dump to tarfile from my /home/user/ when I played around with system booting...

So, as far as I know if you do not have backups you are in a bad shape indeed

What you could do is anyway copy off the DB that contains the messages to an external computer and search for the messages there. If you have just DB corruption and not tracker initialization problem then you could maybe fish off something from the DB.
See the discussion http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1294415, there is info on how to access the DB containing the SMS'es

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Now I reread the thread and I see that you did not do a tracker hard reset.

You might be in luck after all, it is highly possible that you CAN get the messages from the DB by sqlite reading.

I thought this over again, and as juiceme said, noone really deleted anything

My first try would be to check messages-DB, but as we still don't know, where it is, second try would be to download tracker-DB (this works via Ariadne, as we know), check if there are still messages, if yes export them as CSV, try to put them in a format, N9QT can import them...

If there are no messages in tracker-DB, i don't see much, we could do...

What is confusing me is he already tried exporting the messages and got only 2 messages which were the new ones; if that's the case would reading the .db actually help?