Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i just installed powerlaunch , and now rotation ist working , how can i fix this?

Wow, canola2 is pretty awesome in portrait mode; the menus look pretty iTouch-esque, but the now playing menu is all messed up, though nevertheless awesome!

this is awesome!!! thanks for your efforts. i find this especially good for iphone sites that make the text narrow since i use the iphone user agemt in microb...

i installed the status bar plugin and it rotates again , but it will not rotate by either button for me with powerlaunch installed. i knew the power key wouldnt work , but it wont rotate with the home key now either

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yes, because powerlaunch disables mce. Try reinstalling sliderotate, but i would advise against that - you won't like it.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Oulu, Finland
I will install powerlaunch again tomorrow and find a way to have these two play nice.
I did try it once, but had issues with keyboard ligths, so I uninstalled powerlaunch, since I did not have the time to see into the problem.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
For powerlaunch, at least your original method of rotating the screen could be implemented in a slightly different way.

common.conf

# the following power key handlers are designed to be overriden if desired
key_press_power = call key_power
key_release_power = if $powerkey_short common.ui.show powerkey_long_release
powerkey_long = softpoweroff
powerkey_long_release = softpoweroff
You could change powerkey_long= softpoweroff to something like exec "xrandr -o left"

Of course other changes would be needed but it's a start.

i uninstalled sliderotate and reinstalled and dont see anything wrong , but it still wouldnt rotate by the home key... im uninstalling powerlaunch anyway since i have no keyboard lights or LED lights now.

P.S. still waiting on someone to answer if the know how to take the word "Home" off the top of the screen

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
P.S. still waiting on someone to answer if the know how to take the word "Home" off the top of the screen
I know it won't happen, but I would love the statusbar icons to move the the unused area on the lower left when portrait mode is enabled, that would solve the problem too and be quite a bit cleaner.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Friday Harbor, WA, USA
I agree with brontide...
I saw a portrait post in show off your screenshots with the app icons on the top of the screen... asked how it was done, and was told to drag the bar to the top of the screen in portrait mode. Tried to do that, but nothing happened... Have to figure this out sometime.

Oberon85