Active Topics

I assume the Maemo calendar program supports multiple calendars, and I know Google calendar does. So what is limiting us from syncing multiple calendars? Can we create a work around? or is it a limit on only one exchange account?

Last edited by mrlanrat; 2010-02-01 at 20:43.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
We need multiple calendar support asap! Anybody know any developers who could handle this? Let the PMs begin.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
You could sync to ScheduleWorld and then have ScheduleWorld sync to Google calendar.

Originally Posted by flux41 View Post
You could sync to ScheduleWorld and then have ScheduleWorld sync to Google calendar.
That almost defeats the purpose. We can already sync Google calendar with outlook and outlook with the N900.

What I (we) want is over the air wireless syncing.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
Question on Google Contacts sync via Mail for Exchange. The contacts that get populated on the N900 do not contain all the 'contact information' that is stored within my Google account. The only thing I get is the Name, and Email. I cannot for instance, get the address or phone number and sync those. Is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance.
Since it doesn't do photos either, I've had a request for Hermes to support Google Contacts. If doing that, it'd be trivial to pull down additional information as well - but this seems to overlap with the built-in functionality.

I suggest raising a bug, but there are three possibilities:
  1. Mail for Exchange doesn't support it.
  2. Google's Exchange server doesn't support it.
  3. ActiveSync doesn't support it.

#2 and #3 aren't fixable by Nokia in Mail for Exchange, and so this where there'd be an opportunity for Hermes.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Originally Posted by mrlanrat View Post
That almost defeats the purpose. We can already sync Google calendar with outlook and outlook with the N900.

What I (we) want is over the air wireless syncing.
Multiple calendar sync is important for me as well.

I am not familiar with scheduleworld but I assumed it would work OTA. There are other 3rd party services as well, I know for instance nuevasync uses MfE and claims to support multiple Google calendars, and I *assumed* it works OTA.

Haven't used anything like this though and for obvious reasons can't test with the N900.

There are a lot of questions and discussions floating around regarding (multiple) calendars, sync and MfE and I personally would definitely like to see a solution to this.

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Having basic (one way only) support for multiple calendars should be a day of coding. Two way sync is a bit more difficult, but again it should be possible in a week or so.

I can write a sync client in the beginning of December when we get our devices, unless someone will do it first.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Since it doesn't do photos either, I've had a request for Hermes to support Google Contacts. If doing that, it'd be trivial to pull down additional information as well - but this seems to overlap with the built-in functionality.

I suggest raising a bug, but there are three possibilities:
  1. Mail for Exchange doesn't support it.
  2. Google's Exchange server doesn't support it.
  3. ActiveSync doesn't support it.

#2 and #3 aren't fixable by Nokia in Mail for Exchange, and so this where there'd be an opportunity for Hermes.
Hmmm, I naively think that Mail for Exchange is just missing the functionality to pull those additional fields and then sync them with the N900. Or, if it does pull those fields, then it is missing some conduit to put them in the correct spot on the N900. My Google contacts' photos get loaded when I add a Google Talk account to the IM. So that is currently there. I will raise a bug about the syncing and that will hopefully unravel where the problem lies.

EDIT: Bug 5835 raised.

Last edited by EIPI; 2009-10-27 at 12:28.

Ok, since currently sync of: Phone#, MSN, Skype name, etc does not work, is it possible to atleast export contacts as vCard from GMail, an then import it into N900 Contacts?

Is it then possible to use for example the imported skype name when making a skype call, or must you enter or "move it to another field" somehow manually?

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Originally Posted by hopbeat View Post
Having basic (one way only) support for multiple calendars should be a day of coding. Two way sync is a bit more difficult, but again it should be possible in a week or so.

I can write a sync client in the beginning of December when we get our devices, unless someone will do it first.
Thank you!