Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
ye can we install this???????

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hamburg, Germany
Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
I always though Johnny's work on this was incredible.. and am constantly amazed that after 3 years nothing has been done with the technology... Yet stupid 3D TVs are coming out (that aren't even 3 dimensional).

Very nice work, I hope to see some fun games (and even practical applications) come from this. It's just a shame it can't be as accurate as JCLs project is due to hardware.

On that note, how well can a camera track IR light seperate of other light sources? Could, with a non-out-of-the-box solution with some IR lights be more accurate than a simple light source?
Well, the DSi game, which I mention in the video and my blog post, uses this 3d effect. But that is also the only use I know.

IR lights seem to appear as pretty bright when recorded by the N900's front camera. Someone would have to test how well tracking of IR lights works.

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I would die for seeing 3d renders of body tomography or nmr this way Why don't you experiment with the data available on the net? It could be a great instrument for studying anatomy...
That sounds pretty interesting and would certainly look cool, but I'm more into games than such serious stuff.

Everyone: Sorry, there is nothing to install (yet). I don't know set when/if I'll publish something.

Could you not publish the code for us to work with? The community could make this algorithm go far and put the device a step ahead of every other device on the market.

Originally Posted by jfk View Post
Well, the DSi game, which I mention in the video and my blog post, uses this 3d effect. But that is also the only use I know.

IR lights seem to appear as pretty bright when recorded by the N900's front camera. Someone would have to test how well tracking of IR lights works.

That sounds pretty interesting and would certainly look cool, but I'm more into games than such serious stuff.

Everyone: Sorry, there is nothing to install (yet). I don't know set when/if I'll publish something.

This is fantastic, Would love to see this in future apps. This with the Capsule 3D viewer would be great.

we can see 3d movies on our nokia n900 ?maybe?never?

please put the code up for this pleeeeeaaase it would really give something cool to the n900 and im sure people hear will figure out to use and modify it

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
can we get this app to install??????????????

I don't know much about this jfk person but I can only assume that since he's reluctant to release the source he may be trying to capitalise on his hard work and thats his right. Whenever (if ever) the Ovi store shapes up he may make a killer app and with the new iphone coming out with front facing camera he may want to make a buck off that too.

Hold the source jfk, just release the demo so these guys can show off what their n900 can do.

And finally, thats an awesome job. A good idea for a game might be some moto GP style racing where you lean to steer the bike?

Originally Posted by The2ndclory View Post
I don't know much about this jfk person but I can only assume that since he's reluctant to release the source he may be trying to capitalise on his hard work and thats his right. Whenever (if ever) the Ovi store shapes up he may make a killer app and with the new iphone coming out with front facing camera he may want to make a buck off that too.

Hold the source jfk, just release the demo so these guys can show off what their n900 can do.

And finally, thats an awesome job. A good idea for a game might be some moto GP style racing where you lean to steer the bike?
If this work was done as part of a university project it may belong to them hence why jfk said s/he doesn't know whether s/he can if s/he wanted to or not but I agree holding the source and releasing a demo for now would be great.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Here's a video of what this kind of technology is capable of on the Nintendo DSi.