t-mobile (US) - just worked for me putting the GV number in there - note that before that, the T-Mobile voicemail number was in that field. Trying the dial-based version from the phone dialer didn't work.

When are you getting "Invalid number"? and how are you entering the number itself?

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
If you log into Google Voice, --> Settings --> Phone --> Activate Google voicemail on this phone.

Google gives you a detailed description of how to set it up on your phone.
Thank you! I tried that, and it did not work -- with both my N900 and my dumbphone. It may be because of my plan (prepaid sidekick.)

Originally Posted by schettj View Post
t-mobile (US) - just worked for me putting the GV number in there - note that before that, the T-Mobile voicemail number was in that field. Trying the dial-based version from the phone dialer didn't work.

When are you getting "Invalid number"? and how are you entering the number itself?
i go to
Settings -> Phone -> In the Forward to entry box. I enter my google voice number as +1googlevoice# then when i click the "Save" button the phone thinks for a few seconds and then i get the "Invalid Number" popup. I've tried entering the number with the physical qwerty keyboard and the touch screen keyboard. The number is the correct GV number and gv account does work as i've used it before to receive calls.

Could it possibly have something to do with the tmobile plan i'm on, "Even More Plus 500"?

Any thoughts?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Have you considered turning this discussion into a Brainstorm proposal?

Originally Posted by lfcobra View Post
i go to
Settings -> Phone -> In the Forward to entry box. I enter my google voice number as +1googlevoice# then when i click the "Save" button the phone thinks for a few seconds and then i get the "Invalid Number" popup. I've tried entering the number with the physical qwerty keyboard and the touch screen keyboard. The number is the correct GV number and gv account does work as i've used it before to receive calls.

Could it possibly have something to do with the tmobile plan i'm on, "Even More Plus 500"?

Any thoughts?
NO # at the end... just enter +1xxxyyyzzz and it should be fine

Originally Posted by schettj View Post
NO # at the end... just enter +1xxxyyyzzz and it should be fine
i didnt put a # at the end... i was simply using the "#" to abbreviate for number. I enter my number exactly as you stated in you post (plus one z because your format would indeed be an invalid number) but even after inputting the correct number and pressing the Save button I get the "Invalid Number" popup/notifaction/whatever else you want to call it. meh.... if you cant see i'm getting tired of this.... i guess the easiest solution would be to tell people to just start calling my GV number and then it'd automatically use google voicemail but i'd rather not have to use that solution...

Sorry, misunderstood what you said. So I guess the question is, why is it working for me and not you, and frankly I'm stumped.

Was the T-Mobile voicemail number in there before? (+18056377243) ?

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
it worked for me...on the N900 go to settings-->phone-->and under where it says "no answer in 20 seconds, unavailable or busy forward to +1(your google number)"

tested it out by calling my cell phone via my roomate's phone, and it worked...just the whole message was screwed up (did not exactly typed out what i said on the voicemail) lol it was funny to read, but nevertheless it worked!!!

The tmobile voice mail# its currently using is +18056377249

I just called tmobile tech support and they believe its an n900 issue, so they transfered me to Nokia support. And obviously Nokia support said it was a tmobile issue. HA! The nokia support guy did say he thinks that it may be because I hadnt set up my voicemail with tmobile yet (since its a new account). He said try setting up the default tmobile voicemail and then try changing the forwarding number (which after trying didnt work). So i'm out of idea! I'll try it again in the morning.

There is a bug with *# at the moment
See bugzilla for more info

Tags
visual voicemail, voicemail