Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
So far, we have 3 candidates (2 of them pending announcment to mailing list!) and need at least 1 more candidate.
I wonder if my introduction mail on the list went awry for some reason? At least I cannot find it n the archives?

---------- edit ----------

I have now reposted my introductory piece on the mailing list, just in case.

Last edited by juiceme; 2013-11-23 at 10:56. Reason: Added info

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I wonder if my introduction mail on the list went awry for some reason? At least I cannot find it n the archives?
+1

wisdom makes you think twice
EDIT found it
http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...er/005915.html

Last edited by nieldk; 2013-11-23 at 10:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
i would like to run for council but well... i don't really say much, or do things that count towards karma so that is just a "little" short ( i have 4 karma... )

an introduction - i have been a member here on tmo for about 3 years, but you will mostly find me on irc
if i do not have anything useful to add you can almost guarantee i will say nothing

if i am elected ( karma issue aside ) i will stay quietly in the background keeping things running smoothly

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chainsawbike For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Okie... so we have 5 valid candidates for the upcoming election:
(in alphabetical order)and one "invalid":
So according to the election rules, the next council will consist of 3 members only.
if fewer than 6 candidates stand for election, the 3 with the most votes are elected to the council
Since council can use all the support and help it gets offered, a solution is for the new council to appoint chainsawbike to an assistant position without the rights of a regular councilor.

For the valid candidates, this is a nice set of councilors in spe, I think, but i also want to share my concerns which raised recently regarding chemist. First off, I wanna thank him for stepping up again and all he did and still does as TMO-admin, TMO-mod, counsilor and as HiFo board member. But these positions come with responsibility and some workload, which at times, can sum up to quite a pile. And while chemist had his vital part in discussions/meetings when (read: if) he was present and I'm sure he will do his best, when you look into the fridays' #maemo-meeting logs of the last 6 months, you'll find he was not present ~90% of the time which already led to quite some discomfort for the other councilors. Especially from council chair, you'd expect regular presence and an open ear to the community. Also, posting the final list of candidates (like above) actually is council chairs' job.

Again, while all efforts to support this community are highly appreciated, I don't think it's a good idea to accumulate so many positions in one person, as it pretty quick can simply become too much to handle.

Now its contemplation time, the election starts 2013/12/08 00:01 (GMT). Go vote then!
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
As a reminder to chansawbike and juiceme, you should set a good example by making sure your TMO and Maemo.org accounts are linked. (My bad, they already are...)

Also, all candidates should update their sections as appropriate on the wiki page for this election. (Thanks to sixwheeledbeast for setting up said wiki template.)

Last edited by woody14619; 2013-12-03 at 19:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
I should be well known by now...

but if not, I am serving you as current Council's Chairman, Talkmaster, Member of the HiFo BoD and should maintain CSSU Stable (yeah I know I need to get that sorted pretty soon).
I like the maemo idea and ever since I had my first computerPhone I am here - started with Brainstorming, bug-tracking and forum moderation.

I like to sail, offshore and online.

Chem|st

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Voted.

Just as a reminder/bumper for the folks to do so too!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
I've voted!

And you?

Please hurry and vote!

Proud owner of a Jolla smart phone
Check this out !
http://www.jollatides.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WilliePre For This Useful Post:
I hope to see more voters than the last election.!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
also voted

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
tumbleweed