Active Topics

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Odense S, Denmark
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Humm strange, are you sure the settings are correct in the manual setup screen ? if the autodiscovery fails(first setup screen) your server address, username and domain probably are not correct in the second screen, please double check that.

Another issue can be that your server requires some provisioning settings that the N9 can't satisfy(N900 does not support provisioning so this is ignored), you can try to check the box "Non provisioning device" in the second setup screen.

If this doesn't help we'll need to collect the logs.
All the settings are as I typed in on the n900 both on the first and second screen. I checked the box and I still get the same error.

Last edited by fettouhi; 2011-10-05 at 07:42.

A few more suggestions that I am sure you are aware of:
1) Text selection in mail, e.g. to copy a link, a phone, an address etc.
2) If 1) cannot be done, at least the ability to edit quote in reply.
3) Smart parsing of phone number/address in the mail content so user can directly dial a number/open an address in Map.

I am using Beta2 fw on N950 by the way (N9 is not available where I live).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Can you have multiple exchange accounts
Yes, you can! :-) And provisioning started to be supported by N9.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Are you saying that this latest and greatest device still does have provisioning?

It does have now. Your complaints were heard! From MfE side. Everything else depends on your server settings.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
1. No notifications for new mails in folders other than the inbox. E.g. in the case there are filters set in the server.
Strange. Are these folders favourite? N9 has the concept of favourite folders. It means that only favourite folders are synced automatically or manually. Non favourite folders are syunced when you enter them.

Obviously, if the folder is not synced, no notifications appear. Is it your case?

2. Issue with the contacts that have more than one number in one field type. e.g. if one contact has 2 numbers set as mobile will not get the second number synchronised back to the server.
There are limitations of Exchange Protocol. It supports less features than our contacts application. You need to change the type of the phone to make it synced with Exchange server.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Great to see that you are alive Vitaly!!!

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
I can't get MfE to work at all. Log just says "Connection closed". I get the same message from the browser when I try to access OWA, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the SSL-certificate? All other browsers accept the certificate though so it's valid and both MfE and OWA work with n900 just fine.
Hello,
I you sure that you didn't decline any pop-up dialog? When you tapped on a sign-in button autodiscover page should appear and then dialog that asks you about certificate must pop-up.

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Hello,
I you sure that you didn't decline any pop-up dialog? When you tapped on a sign-in button autodiscover page should appear and then dialog that asks you about certificate must pop-up.
Neither in my case do I get a pop-up about a certificate.

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Hello,
Yes I'm sure that I didn't. After autodiscovery it asks for the server address and domain and after I fill them, it fails to connect with the mentioned error message. I'm also sure the settings are correct.

In my case the auto discovery is not turned on at all on the exghange server. I just found that out.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950