Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
I don't understand how people can see this as such a negative thing. Nokia and Intel are both massive, and they are putting their united effort behind ONE open source platform!

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to jsa For This Useful Post:
http://meego.com/about/overview/big-...steering-group
this video answers a bunch of questions people here have asked

http://meego.com

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
heh, the thought that intel have trouble getting traction with moblin, and is piggybacking on maemo just hit me...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Again reinventing the wheel...

I really don't understand this movement. Nokia has developed ARM based devices for years, what now?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by jsa View Post
I don't understand how people can see this as such a negative thing. Nokia and Intel are both massive, and they are putting their united effort behind ONE open source platform!
This plus the fact that you won't be limited to Nokia as only source for hardware anymore.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
It's negative for me because I've spent 600 euros in a mobile computer that hasn't received some of the features promised, that hasn't a properly working software store and that has an uncertain future.

There are a lot of unanswered questions. It is a lot easier for 1 company to develop an OS, than to cooperate with a second one that is currently is a totally different market. SUre netbooks/smartphones/booklets/tablet are merging, but Nokia and Intel have totally different things that they want to gain from this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
It's negative for me because I've spent 600 euros in a mobile computer that hasn't received some of the features promised, that hasn't a properly working software store and that has an uncertain future.
You are a glass half empty person I see. What I see is more resources being pumped into application development for our devices.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_bridger View Post
great news for the community, not so great unless its worked back to all the punters that bought an N900 and are in 18 / 24 month contracts...

from twitter.....
@FoneArena

Just asked a question if nokia n900 will get meego .. got an answer that developers could make transition easily. .. dunno if consumers can
That sounds to me like: "no".

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
So with all of the potential uses of this platform we are discussing naming?! As if other industry names (Microsoft, Apple, Blackberry, Wii) are somehow better? please...

What is next? The color choice isnt good enough?

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to HangLoose For This Useful Post:

Tags
let maemo live!, maemo vs. moblin war, rpm vs. deb war