Poll: Should I Keep the N900 or get the N8?
Poll Options
Should I Keep the N900 or get the N8?

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Lisbon / Portugal
I have both and i say no,personally i think it was a mistake to buy N8 because im used to N900 and when im using N8 i feel the outdated Symbian OS a lot. When PR 2.0 comes out maybe i change my idea but at this time N8 if far behind(only in camera is better).

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
forgot to mention the connections manager is awful compared to the n900s and battery life is not much better with no option of swapping batterys.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I currently have both, and I say no.. I mean if you've got used to Maemo.. you will miss a lot of the things that the N900 can do.

I have both phones so I am enjoying the best of the two..
Yeah! the apps from Maemo are so much more better than Ovi! I have the C6-01 and I can't find much usable apps compared to what I have downloaded from the Maemo.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ames IA, USA
My Nokia N900 sold on ebay today for $285 plus $50 shipping. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MESOX:IT

I just bought its replacement, The Nokia N8, on Amazon today for only $350. It arrives on friday. I'm excited.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
The fact that you are considering switching to a Nokia N8 means your heart is not in the Nokia N900 and for that reason - good luck.

They are totally different devices (symbian versus maemo). I have had the Nokia N8 before on a trial and it was like stepping back in time. In terms of size, well the first thing that struck me with the N8 is how solid it felt, but at the same time it's long and thin and I nearly dropped it a few times. It's an odd shape.

Symbian seemed old (not that it is), and I missed the application updates that I got on the N900. Not having a keyboard for me was a major factor, and a problem as I tweet and blog a lot and even Swype on the N8 didn't make this easier.

Application wise, well there is just so much more on offer with the N900.

There is no chance I could ever consider the N8 over the Nokia N900.

No chance at all!

Got my N8 today. I'm not disappointed. But I miss my keyboard from the N900.
The N8 feels great. It is by far the best Symbian platform I have ever seen. It feels good holding a phone in one hand after being two handed on the N900 for a while. Nice piece of technology. The games are excellent too especially Need for Speed. The phones sensor is more responsive than the N900.

Last edited by txh; 2011-02-24 at 05:21.

Nice to hear that. What's the point of this thread in the first place???

Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
Nice to hear that. What's the point of this thread in the first place???
lol. I didn't wanna litter the community with a new topic. So i just wanted to follow up here. No real reason really. Topic closed i guess.

Originally Posted by txh View Post
lol. I didn't wanna litter the community with a new topic. So i just wanted to follow up here. No real reason really. Topic closed i guess.
Txh: Ok, well, hope you enjoy the N8. I wanted the N8 before. But it was a 3 month's wait and my E65 at that time was totally dead (screen damaged and microphone problem), so I decided I needed to get a replacement immediately. At that time it was either the N97mini, iPhone or the N900. I wanted something different, so I picked the N900, and so far still enjoying it despite the lack of 3G video call and voice navi. I recently got the C6-01* for my wife and appreciated the N900 even more for the Maemo apps (vs Ovi Store Symbian ^3), resistive screen for stylus use, and most of all, a keyboard!

*I got the C6-01 instead of N8 because the dealer told me the N8 had a lot of problems, and also because the C6-01 had a beautiful AMOLED deep black screen.

Tags
symbian burns, w7p rains