Poll: Random Reboots on N900
Poll Options
Random Reboots on N900

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
just wrote here to show you my great signature.

hint: look at the text that is bolded..
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
just wrote here to show you my great signature.
I think it would be useful to the bug tracking people if you'd append "please keep non-technical discussions to *this* thread, as posts on the bugtracker not containing any useful information described in post 20 of the tracker are needlessly cluttering the bug report", as Andre keeps repeating.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by shapeshifter View Post
I think it would be useful to the bug tracking people if you'd append "please keep non-technical discussions to *this* thread, as posts on the bugtracker not containing any useful information described in post 20 of the tracker are needlessly cluttering the bug report", as Andre keeps repeating.
the conversation should be cleaned. a lot of stuff that should have written here.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
had lots of reboots sat/sun/mon. reflashed wednesday seemed to sort it. now rebooting again like it's going out of fashion.

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

Last edited by thiswayup; 2009-12-10 at 21:28.

just bumping this thread now more people are getting their devices

Originally Posted by shapeshifter View Post
Yes, but - It is obvious by now that this is not an ordinary SW bug. This bug is something that can only be fixed by the innermost circle of Nokia SW/HW engineers, IF it is fixable at all. Judging by the posts from the Nokia representative, it looks like they are, at the moment, clueless of what causes it and how to fix it.

By this poll, approximately 10% of the phones are affected. Nokia should get hold of some of these and get to work, and clearly state so in that bug report. As of now that bug track is useless unless Nokia make some changes for us to try.

bump...............

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
I do not think the poll gives enough options nor is to clear enough. It should needs to state RANDOM reboots, just saying reboot doesn't even make it clear what you are asking unless you already know of the random reboot issue.

Personally, I have only had 1 random reboot.

Also the big problem is people having them with nothing extra installed. If someone only has random reboots after installing something from extras-devel then surely you don't want them voting on the poll as that's they caused the problem themselves, rather than it being an issue with the N900 as stock.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

You are probably right. it should read random reboots and with the following requirement:

in x.term:
cat /proc/bootreason

should give the following
wd32_to

On the other hand, I think most people answering this poll, have done so because they have been searching for answers to why their N900 is rebooting all the time. In my opinion it should be representative, the "wd32_to" will simply make it 100% (instead of 95??)

Those with rebooting issues probably have apps from devel installed.

Tags
fremantle, lack of quality control, maemo, maemo 5, n900, poll, problem, reboot, shine my boots