Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ SAN PEDRO LAGUNA, PHILIPPINES
it's hard for me to reflash to my n900 because i cannot make it usb mode because everytime i try to do it my n900 won't open.I have an external charger already but it failed to do so, so i connect it to any usb port to recharge and it is effective when i try to press it just a little to see if there's a color blue to blink in the indicator of my n900 it does have a color blue indication on it but i don't actually press it much longer because it will bootloop once again i don't have the kernel actually and to save energy also for reflashing and when i do it on actual i can't make it to usb mode and when i type the command it always goes like this "the system cannot find the file specified" on the screen of maemo flasher. The command i entered is the one here http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...rt_topic.21.29 pls help =(

Last edited by epoch_coda31; 2012-08-24 at 06:50.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
There is a placeholder in the command
<firmware-image>
You have to replace this with the name of the firmware version you have downloaded.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ SAN PEDRO LAGUNA, PHILIPPINES
i already did replace the firmware-image and it goes like this "sudo ./flasher-3.5 -F <RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin> --flash-only=kernel -f -R" it always displayed the same result "the system cannot find the file specified"..

pls sir michaaa62 can you tell me what are the needed firmware(s) for installing kernel because some web downloaded three images i only downloaded one??

The command should be the correct one. Are you in Terminal in the directory, where you downloaded the firmware to? Like Downloads? Or Desktop?

and to add i already understand that the image that im installing is the one they called "FIASCO image" right, with the name implied "global"? should i also download the emmc image "http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php?f=RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin" and run lastly the kernel command only?

i get it from downloads and open it's folder cut and paste it in flasher folder but the name implies change w/ an attachment on it

to add im in the right track?? and no need for me to download the emmc image just the fiasco image?? and also should i enter the command first or last because the flasher software should indicate when to connect my n900 to pc like the one i had watched in youtube the flasher indicated "waiting" on it then after that the user connect the n900 to pc..

No need for the vanilla image, that would wipe your files, which you want to recover in the long run.

You first enter the command in your PC's terminal, then connect the dead N900.

Originally Posted by epoch_coda31 View Post
i get it from downloads and open it's folder cut and paste it in flasher folder but the name implies change w/ an attachment on it
This is the wrong file! For download of the firmware you enter the IMEI, accept the license, then download this file by clicking on the link:
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N...ED_MR0_ARM.bin
It is a -bin file.

ah ok..i'll reply immediately if there's some progress on my reflashing =)