Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Hmm, think that can only mean you are have either no internet connection or there is another typo within the stream link...
When I cat the KVMV.sh and paste it straight into xterm it opens up media player and plays the stream. I'm confused???
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
When I cat the KVMV.sh and paste it straight into xterm it opens up media player and plays the stream. I'm confused???
Please send me your KMVM.sh and I will have a look

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I had all kinds of problems with cutting and pasting and nothing worked right. I entered everything manually and it worked perfectly. I used nano, but Leafpad would work as well, or vi/vim for the wussies who have problems with ed

There were obviously some type of invisible meta characters that were driving me nutz with it not working.

Here it is. And thanks for your help
Attached Files
File Type: zip KVMV.sh.zip (303 Bytes, 69 views)
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Yipee!

It's working

Many thanks, Reflektorfalke and les_garten. Thanks for persisting to help and get this sorted for me.

In the end I just opened leafpad on the N900 and typed in the all the info into a new KVMV.sh file and it worked.

It seems like les_garten's final tip was what was needed but thank you bigtime to Reflektorfalke for all your help these last few days.

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Yipee!

It's working

Many thanks, Reflektorfalke and les_garten. Thanks for persisting to help and get this sorted for me.

In the end I just opened leafpad on the N900 and typed in the all the info into a new KVMV.sh file and it worked.

It seems like les_garten's final tip was what was needed but thank you bigtime to Reflektorfalke for all your help these last few days.
Sweeet, glad I was able to help figure this out !!!
See, its quite simple to setup

Now enjoy listening to your beats with your new webradio icon !!!

BTW: Donīt forget to add a nice icon ;-)

I am a windows user but since I have got the N900 I just installed kubuntu and have learned a bit just by getting this shortcut to work.

I didn't even know how to create, copy and delete files with linux until you guys started helping me here.

Thanks.

Hopefully if I just do the editing in leafpad on the N900 then I shouldn't get any problems adding other shortcuts.

Thanks once again guys!

Yipee!

It's working

I was working on this the other day, and pulled out my Hari Kari blade! Somebody else mentioned it earlier in the thread and that's what it was. Glad it's working for ya!

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
OK, got this working. Very Kewl!

My Favorite shoutcast server is the one streaming FOX Business channel off Directv in my house!

Here's the Icon I used, looks pretty kewl to me at least.

The Icon is 48x48 and looks great.
Les, is there a thread explaining how to use a different icon?

Les, is there a thread explaining how to use a different icon?
The mod thread has a lot.

Short version with my icon

cp shoutcast.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon

cp shoutcast.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon

there may be two scalable dirs because one of the developers didn't know how to spell scalable.

then in your desktop file place just the name of the icon without the .png extension.

Look at the other desktop files and you'll figure it out.

Tags
yd config