Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Yep. They're in Dave's lockup with the others.
There's a joke in there somewhere...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
There's a joke in there somewhere...
Could be. its seems that the Joke is on me...

Another joke here from today:

"Hi everyone. The Jolla Tablet project update is just around the corner, sorry to keep you all waiting. We realize fully the frustration and all, but we really need to figure all the practicalities before we communicate about the process going further. Stay tuned!”

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-01-21 at 21:47.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Optimist Gerbick: Hey, at least Jolla is still around to make announcements. Consider that a win, right?

Realist Gerbick: It's Thursday.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Optimist Gerbick: Hey, at least Jolla is still around to make announcements. Consider that a win, right?

Realist Gerbick: It's Thursday.
Negatron Dave No It's not. Its Friday. The last day for jolla to fix the practicalities and announce Le Pad for Humans.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Negatron Dave No It's not. Its Friday.
The Moon runs on UTC+2. Now we know.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
If you need to rewrite the UI every time you change the drivers, you are doing it terribly, horribly wrong. Even Windows 2.0 was already written in a way that was hardware independent. You do not need infinite wisdom, just two working brain cells and some very basic understanding of software architecture.

Let me explain it to you in a way that may be easier to understand. Rewriting the UI because the display drivers have changed is like rewriting an email client because you switched from cable to WiFi. Rewriting the UI because the display size has changed is like rewriting an email client because your network speed has changed.
OMG, Windows 2.0 had non-scalable UI, display were much more bigger and driven by keyboard and mouse(you wanted to set mouse speed/accel in pixels accordingely[it was easier to be more precise with mouse, than with finger [similary with capacitive screens like N900/Windows CE devices). Most users used something like 640x480 or 800x600 up to Windows 95/98. Lower resolutions like 320x180 were mainly used for DOS games or performance in games(for players without proper gfx card[software rendering]).
. Even Windows XP is not fully scallable. And up to Windows 98 times, most users used CRTs, which supported different resolutions natively (unlike today LCDs horrible scalers).
I would say it's easy to compile at least 50% of linux software for Nokia N9, but it's hard to use it in it's original state (especially when the widget sizes are hardcoded).

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, tomorrow's the big day! We're expecting 2 feet of snow and blizzard like conditions in the Washington DC area. What's the weather forecast for Jolla land? Sunny or gloomy?

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
woo-hoo!
mscion...you lucky b-tard!
It's gonna be 8-10 degrees and rain until the crack of doom here on the coast..
time for you to pull out the toboggans, hot chocolate, mitts and rum!
I need to live vicariously through you...
go out find a big hill and go at stupid speeds down it drunk as hell on a small plastic saucer...

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
woo-hoo!
mscion...you lucky b-tard!
It's gonna be 8-10 degrees and rain until the crack of doom here on the coast..
time for you to pull out the toboggans, hot chocolate, mitts and rum!
I need to live vicariously through you...
go out find a big hill and go at stupid speeds down it drunk as hell on a small plastic saucer...
Yup! Looking forward to it! Snow is supposed to start around 2pm Friday and by next morning should have about a foot and a half of white powder. Hope to get some cross country skiing in!

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Yup! Looking forward to it! Snow is supposed to start around 2pm Friday and by next morning should have about a foot and a half of white powder. Hope to get some cross country skiing in!
Excellent . Snow is indeed important to have. GL with the skiing

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund