Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Malaysia
when using this new nitdroid-installer beta at x-terminal, an error came out asking me whether i want to remove previous nitdroid installed. if yes, i have to reboot the device after that. after reboot, my phone screen application name become weird.for example, calender has become cal_ap_name. what has occurred? HELP!!!!!

my slider lock button is not working.i gess its an harware issue.so it creates problem in nitdroid.as i cant access a lot of things. any soln? plzzz
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
my slider lock button is not working.i gess its an harware issue.so it creates problem in nitdroid.as i cant access a lot of things. any soln? plzzz
install button savior. it works as virtual keys. always available.

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I will stop posting here for a while.

I am converting the whole multiboot NITDroid system to the new DAS Uboot utility, many advantages.
Is this the new UBoot with the boot menu? That would be sweet!

The Following User Says Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I will stop posting here for a while.

I am converting the whole multiboot NITDroid system to the new DAS Uboot utility, many advantages.
While NITdroid sucks (because of Android, not as a project in general), i appreciate this. Multiboot was (seen overall) never a good solution, as the constant kernel flashing will wear out mtd3 some day. U-boot is the way to go.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
i used nitdroid 2.3.7 for a while.den as said previously that if u use 2.3.7 for a few days and revert back to 2.3.4. then u cang get performance of 2.3.7 and stability of 2.3.4 together. i tried to revert back by uninstalling the 2.3.7 and install 2.3.4. then my kernel crashed. and i had to flash my phone. now if i want the perfect nitdroid den do i hav to again upgrade to 2.3.7 and then again downgrade to 2.3.4. or i can just directly install 2.3.7
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Barbados
i used nitdroid 2.3.7 for a while.den as said previously that if u use 2.3.7 for a few days and revert back to 2.3.4. then u cang get performance of 2.3.7 and stability of 2.3.4 together. i tried to revert back by uninstalling the 2.3.7 and install 2.3.4. then my kernel crashed. and i had to flash my phone. now if i want the perfect nitdroid den do i hav to again upgrade to 2.3.7 and then again downgrade to 2.3.4. or i can just directly install 2.3.7
for perfect android system!! Click Here!!!

Last edited by T4UR14N; 2012-01-16 at 17:24.

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
ICS installed and working well on 3gb partition of eMMC. I only have a few issues:

* I can't seem to get MyDocs mounted in Android (I'm pretty sure I need to edit Fstab but not sure what to)
* I have so far been unable to connect to Wifi - known issues???
* No 3G/GPRS - APN setting are blank and I cannot find a way to add this manually.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by mornage View Post
ICS installed and working well on 3gb partition of eMMC. I only have a few issues:

* I can't seem to get MyDocs mounted in Android (I'm pretty sure I need to edit Fstab but not sure what to)
* I have so far been unable to connect to Wifi - known issues???
* No 3G/GPRS - APN setting are blank and I cannot find a way to add this manually.
All known issues mornage, all known issues *sighs*.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
dude the only way to revert back to 2.3.4 is to manually extract 2.3.4 archive (N12_Umay.tar.bz) in /and folder via xterm. with this method you can easily and downgrade and upgrade nitdroid.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid