Active Topics

Notices

mypaint 0.8.2-1maemo15 released

Changed since version 14
* Added 'bug tracker' address
* Some new default keyboard shortcuts by xman
* Eraser mode like older versions by Tone
* Rotate angle is now 22,5 degrees (by Tone & CO)

When starting from application menu, it first loads 10 seconds, then disappears and dashboard is visible another 10 seconds and then it starts, color chooser on top.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Awesome app! when will it be in extras?

Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
* Some new default keyboard shortcuts by xman
I would like to mention:
Before updating to this version backup your own customized accelmap.conf in .mypaint because it will be overwritten. That is, if you want to keep your own mappings...
EDIT: This does not seem entirely true. It does get regenerated which means the default shortcuts are changed but the custom shortcuts will stay intact.

AapoRantalainen, any idea why reordering brushes by dragging does not work?
Did you consider changing the brush icon size in the brush selection window to 72 pixels?

Thanks again...

Last edited by bousch; 2010-05-14 at 15:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bousch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 4,475 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bousch View Post
AapoRantalainen, any idea why reordering brushes by dragging does not work?
Did you consider changing the brush icon size in the brush selection window to 72 pixels?

Thanks again...
Hi, bousch!
You can change brush icon size if you edit..

/home/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/brushselectionwindow.py (line 57) (default is now 48, 48)

I would like also to be able to reorder those brushes.. so I can organize them..

Last edited by Creativetone; 2010-05-14 at 16:26. Reason: tried to correct funny english..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Creativetone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Creativetone View Post
Hi, bousch!
You can change brush icon size if you edit..

/home/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/brushselectionwindow.py (line 57) (default is now 48, 48).
Yes thanks, I know, but every update my changes in the code are of course overwritten...

The Following User Says Thank You to bousch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
I feel your pain, I had a brush set that was lost after I forgot to bckup before upgrading. If you mod it, for now you'll have to bkup. I started dating my backup keeping them for maybe a week or when I feel good about the new standard setting.

x

Originally Posted by bousch View Post
Yes thanks, I know, but every update my changes in the code are of course overwritten...

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
A few of us have used drawing tablet before, and feel like we have one in our pockets now. So when I found this looking for some other specs, I thought some of you might appreciate the info.

Wacom have 512-1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, but I don't how those compare to 10-12 bit for n900.

And if this is too, off topic I can delete it.

x

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tsc2005.pdf

DESCRIPTION
The TSC2005 is a very low-power touch screen controller designed to work with power-sensitive, hand held applications that are based on an advanced low-voltage processor. It works with a supply voltage as low as 1.6V, which can be supplied by a single-cell battery. It contains a complete, ultralow-power, 12-bit, analog-to-digital (A/D)resistive touch screen converter, including drivers and the control logic to measur etouch pressure.
Page - 15. Variable Resolution
The TSC2005 provides either 10-bit or 12-bit resolution for the A/D converter. Lower resolution is often practical
for measuring slow changing signals such as touch pressure. Performing the conversions at lower resolution
reduces the amount of time it takes for the A/D converter to complete its conversion process, which also lowers power consumption.
Page 11. - TOUCH SCREEN OPERATION
A resistive touch screen operates by applying a voltage across a resistor network and measuring the change in
resistance at a given point on the matrix where the screen is touched by an input (stylus, pen, or finger). The
change in the resistance ratio marks the location on the touch screen.

4-WIRE TOUCH SCREEN COORDINATE PAIR MEASUREMENT
The TSC2005 supports the resistive 4-wire configurations, as shown in Figure 21. The circuit determines location
in two coordinate pair dimensions, although a third dimension can be added for measuring pressure.
A 4-wire touch screen is typically constructed as shown in Figure 21. It consists of two transparent resistive
layers separated by insulating spacers. The 4-wire touch screen panel works by applying a voltage across the vertical or horizontal resistive network. The A/D converter converts the voltage measured at the point where the panel is touched.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xman View Post
Wacom have 512-1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, but I don't how those compare to 10-12 bit for n900.
Well I believe in theory 10-bit resolution should give 1024 levels (2 to the power of 10) and 12-bits should give 4096 levels...

But I'd be very surprised if the N900 screen really does support that many levels.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witchole For This Useful Post:
Yes, this brush icon size thing and many other is just personal things.

Myself I at the moment prefer these small icons.. 48x48.
And that is of course only because I use my own brushes and overall,
I do know what is what.

I use there also modified "Color History" that shows not 5 but 8 last used colors.

And "Color Selector" shows me already Triadic and Complimentary colors.
So I do not have Select these harmonies when I open Color selector.

These are mine "personal" preferences, so I do not say that these
should be a defaults. Same is true about that "gtk_menu".

Originally Posted by witchole View Post
Well I believe in theory 10-bit resolution should give 1024 levels (2 to the power of 10) and 12-bits should give 4096 levels...

But I'd be very surprised if the N900 screen really does support that many levels.
I do not know if this is appropriate but I want that everybody...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
VOTE FOR THE BUG!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by anders_gud View Post
Remember that things could be much better if we got this bug fixed:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8435
I don't know if any of you have tried mypaint on diablo (n8xx) - it is pressure sensibility is a dream compared to fremantles crippled version... I believe it is a software bug not related to hardware - Mer on n8xx also had this pressure bug.

Vote for the bug now or it will be forgotten as Nokia moves towards capacitive screens!

The Following User Says Thank You to Creativetone For This Useful Post:

Tags
mypaint, sketching