Active Topics

Notices

Noticed that different bible versions give you different search speeds but the fastest I have noticed so far is with the MKJV version.

Probably until a solution is found you can do the search on the MKJV version and change translation

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Yes, that's fine. More important to myself personally is the readability issue. Any ideas on how long it will be before we have the verse spacing? I appreciate that this is probably just a hobby that you undertake in your free time so just an enquiry really?

And yes, I'm sure I speak for everyone on this thread who'd like to thank the guys involved for getting Katana to where it currently is
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
More important to myself personally is the readability issue. Any ideas on how long it will be before we have the verse spacing?
Have you tried the latest version (the one in extras-devel)? I've widened the spacing there (by 50% over the previous version.) At this point, it's about as wide as other Bible software, e.g. BibleTime.

An alternative is to simply display each verse on a new line. I've added a setting for this and committed it, but haven't uploaded a new version yet.

Originally Posted by joshn53 View Post
Have you tried the latest version (the one in extras-devel)? I've widened the spacing there (by 50% over the previous version.) At this point, it's about as wide as other Bible software, e.g. BibleTime.

An alternative is to simply display each verse on a new line. I've added a setting for this and committed it, but haven't uploaded a new version yet.
I would like to see the verses on their own lines, I have the latest installed so please make that feature available.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
I would like to see the verses on their own lines, I have the latest installed so please make that feature available.
It could be added as an option for those of us who prefer each verse on a new line.

excellent work. who is actually working on this?

i have just upgraded to the latest version and love the new setting for font size and spaces for verses.

however, there seems to be a bug somewhere as when i try a lookup verse I seem to get 1 Peter all of the time. I'm trying John 3 in go to verse and ending up in 1 Peter. Perhaps i should be reading more of 1 Peter

Oops, that was a bug in the latest version. I'll fix it ASAP.

The Following User Says Thank You to joshn53 For This Useful Post:
it's official. It's now my bible app of choice. Love the app. Well done. Who is working on it so that I can thank them?

one nice little touch would be to make the search results a little bigger in the right hand column. It's not a gripe or anything as i am well pleased with this but it makes it easier to select them with your finger rather than getting out the stylus.

top job guys.

I've done all the development to this point; Nathan has apparently been busy with other stuff, but plans to have time to work on Katana soon.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joshn53 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joshn53 View Post
I've done all the development to this point; Nathan has apparently been busy with other stuff, but plans to have time to work on Katana soon.
Well many thanks guys. I wonder how Tyndale would have approached it if he were alive today. I suspect that he would be busy writing bible apps as well.

God Bless!

Tags
bible, maemo 5, rapier, reference browser, religious apps, scripture reader, sword