Notices

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@vasvlad first current weather icon on real lockscreen widget is dimmed by design?
Yes. See this post http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=314

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
@vasblad mine hko is known bugs?
I see this bug again right now.
But I'm sorry I'm going to go on business trip this week
I will try to fix it in Friday or Saturday.

Vlad.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Vlad, I may have a bug report, I am not sure. Probably more like an edge situation. This is what happened, in a sequential order:
  1. Following your announcement, I upgraded MeeCast, the daemon and installed the lockscreen widget. The widget appeared on the lockscreen as expected.
    That was on 1st February.
  2. On 2nd and 3rd February, I noticed that the locscreen widget was not updated. The MeeCast cover changed even as I was watching it, but the lockscreen widget stayed as it was on 1st.
  3. I disabled and re-enabled the widget in Patchmanager. No difference. Disabling took it out, re-enabling put it back but it was still showing old data.
  4. I installed your latest updates this morning. Repeated step 2 above, still with no change. Data shown as of 1st February.
  5. Gave up and uninstalled MeeCast, daemon and widget. Purged Meecast config and cache.
  6. Installed again. The lockscreen widget only. That pulled in MeeCast and daemon as dependencies. Good.
  7. Warehouse offered me to check for updates, which I did. Warehouse said there were updates for meecast-daemon and meecast-lockscreen-widget. That was seconds after I just installed them.
  8. I accepted the updates.
  9. Once everything was installed, I went to Patchmanager to enable the lockscreen widget. I did not have any locations set up, having cleared them in step 4.
  10. When the dust settled after the lipstick restart, MeeCast lockscreen widget appeared with HUGE undefined/undefined all over it. At the same time, my background image disappeared.
    See pic:
    Name:  20150204072748.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  19.5 KB
  11. Only now did I add some locations but the widget did not change.
  12. Disabling and enabling the widget made no difference. I uninstalled the widget and it disappeared but the background image did not come back. I disabled all lockscreen patches in Patchmanager, still nothing. I uninstalled all patches and still nothing. The only thing that brought my wallpaper back was selecting the ambience again. I never got back the lockscreen widget.
  13. I tried enabling the old, small widget in Settings but that option seems to have no effect any more.

Any idea what I have done wrong, other than tried to enable the widget with no locations defined?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
probably you need to DISABLE lockscreen widget in settings when you using patch?

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
probably you need to DISABLE lockscreen widget in settings when you using patch?
I honestly can't remember if I did or not but there was a post earlier about someone getting both widgets and disabling one of them was supposed to be the answer. To me it sounds like having both should not result in such a disasterous result. Besides, uninstalling everything and purging the cache and settings should clear everything and start from scratch, or not?

Basically, my overly long post above boils down to:
  • No updates in the widget for 3 days;
  • Malformed widget and corrupted lockscreen after purge, reinstall and enabling widget with no locations in MeeCast;
  • Small widget not available any more.
(BTW sorry for that post being so long; I typed it at work while multitasking with other things, I would have written it better if I had 30 minutes straight.)

Might there be some conflict with other patches? AIUI, Patchmanager patches work on the basis of applying diffs to various QML files, right? Could it be that some of the diffs do not work if the QML has been altered?

I will try a few more experiments and report the results...

Just trying this app as I usually stick to the UKMO data (their app or web page) and it looks very good. It would be great to use a native app, rather than an Android one, so I do have one cheeky request.

Would it be possible to add the UKMO as a data source? You can get details from here:
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/datapoint/product

It might require the user to register with their datapoint, but I think that's acceptable.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Vlad, I may have a bug report, I am not sure. Probably more like an edge situation. This is what happened, in a sequential order:
  1. Following your announcement, I upgraded MeeCast, the daemon and installed the lockscreen widget. The widget appeared on the lockscreen as expected.
    That was on 1st February.
  2. On 2nd and 3rd February, I noticed that the locscreen widget was not updated. The MeeCast cover changed even as I was watching it, but the lockscreen widget stayed as it was on 1st.
  3. I disabled and re-enabled the widget in Patchmanager. No difference. Disabling took it out, re-enabling put it back but it was still showing old data.
  4. I installed your latest updates this morning. Repeated step 2 above, still with no change. Data shown as of 1st February.
  5. Gave up and uninstalled MeeCast, daemon and widget. Purged Meecast config and cache.
  6. Installed again. The lockscreen widget only. That pulled in MeeCast and daemon as dependencies. Good.
  7. Warehouse offered me to check for updates, which I did. Warehouse said there were updates for meecast-daemon and meecast-lockscreen-widget. That was seconds after I just installed them.
  8. I accepted the updates.
  9. Once everything was installed, I went to Patchmanager to enable the lockscreen widget. I did not have any locations set up, having cleared them in step 4.
  10. When the dust settled after the lipstick restart, MeeCast lockscreen widget appeared with HUGE undefined/undefined all over it. At the same time, my background image disappeared.
    See pic:
  11. Only now did I add some locations but the widget did not change.
  12. Disabling and enabling the widget made no difference. I uninstalled the widget and it disappeared but the background image did not come back. I disabled all lockscreen patches in Patchmanager, still nothing. I uninstalled all patches and still nothing. The only thing that brought my wallpaper back was selecting the ambience again. I never got back the lockscreen widget.
  13. I tried enabling the old, small widget in Settings but that option seems to have no effect any more.

Any idea what I have done wrong, other than tried to enable the widget with no locations defined?
Thanks for bug report. What is version of MeeCast daemon you have on your device?

Vlad.

Originally Posted by skanky View Post
Just trying this app as I usually stick to the UKMO data (their app or web page) and it looks very good. It would be great to use a native app, rather than an Android one, so I do have one cheeky request.

Would it be possible to add the UKMO as a data source? You can get details from here:
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/datapoint/product

It might require the user to register with their datapoint, but I think that's acceptable.
Hi.
I am sorry, but I have no any free time for it

Vlad

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Hi.
I am sorry, but I have no any free time for it

Vlad
No worries, I understand, I'm in the same boat.
I want to learn to be able to write apps for Sailfish, but just don't have any spare time at the moment. I'll put this on a todo list of things that I'll never get done.

Thank you for the time you have put in.

Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Thanks for bug report. What is version of MeeCast daemon you have on your device?
MeeCast 0.0.16-1
MeeCast daemon 0.4-1
MeeCast Lockscreen 0.3-1

This time, I removed everything again, including everything that find / -iname *meecast could find.

Then I did everything again in this order:
  • Install MeeCast. Set up a location.
  • Install MeeCast Daemon. Go to MeeCast and enable the widget. No luck. Reboot. Yey!
  • Disable the widget in Settings.
  • Install MeeCast Lockscreen. Open Patchmanager. Enable widget. Restart services. Yey!

Let's hope it refreshes this time.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: