Notices

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
@jcompagner: Could you be using a strange theme, maybe? Does it happen when using the default theme (another shot in the dark). Otherwise, not sure what to suggest, maybe worth a separate thread to see if more knowledgeable people than me have a clue.

@ffarber: hmm, the use of Etag was added recently to the update mechanism, maybe some blogs have some issues with that. If you have a way to reproduce consistently, please let me know.

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
No, this is not intended at all, but it is indeed what is happening
Can I infer that a fix is on the way?

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine

@ffarber: hmm, the use of Etag was added recently to the update mechanism, maybe some blogs have some issues with that. If you have a way to reproduce consistently, please let me know.
Slocan-
I suppose you can try my daughter's blog at audreyruth.wordpress.com (ignore the existential musings, she is in a bit of a transition. The other thing I should mention is that I use alarmed to fire off updates at specific times.
Thanks,
Fred

0.7.0-3 in extras-devel now. It includes mostly UI changes. Thp made some really cool changes, in particular a redesign of the subscriptions menu. I also added some fixes for the article listing when switching portrait from/to landscape, and a custom coloured background so we can see the dividers between items (might be annoying for themes using dark fonts, so subject to change).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
This doesn't work on my device. Ive got pr 1.2 installed and it seems that this isnt compatible. As some of my other widgets did the same thing. All i see is a black square, i can move it or go into options but nothing else there to see. Am i missing some files? This happened with a few other widgets I had when i did the update & also some apps ceased working which i removed as didnt need them anyway.
Ive read up a few pages here but then realised theres too many to catch upto!
Any ideas anyone as to why Im seeing a black square widget instead of the proper thing?

Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
Any ideas anyone as to why Im seeing a black square widget instead of the proper thing?
The PR1.2 upgrade seems to be doing strange things to widgets already set on the screen. Remove, then re-add the widget, that should get it back to normal.

The PR1.2 upgrade seems to be doing strange things to widgets already set on the screen. Remove, then re-add the widget, that should get it back to normal.
still doesnt work Ive also tried to access its options/settings via the wrench icon but that does nothing, so i can only add or remove this widget which is basically a small black square.

Open up X-term, and type (case sensitive):
cat .feedingit/feedingit_widget.log
let me know if anything shows up here.

tried it a couple times and just get the error "No such file or directory". It is installed so thats strange unless the directory name is incorrect?

Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
tried it a couple times and just get the error "No such file or directory". It is installed so thats strange unless the directory name is incorrect?
That's possible, it'd mean there weren't any errors reported, which also means I have no idea why the widget would stay black .
As a long shot, try:
rm .feedingit/widget