Active Topics

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
So they show off a working version of flash 10 on the n900... and then they dont release it... even though they just have it laying around...

Hmm.. now i hope flash will crash and burn because of html5, and i hope adobe will go bankrupt.. Then we can finally get rid of pdf aswell...
No I think you can blame nokia for this debacle. Nobody is developing commercial grade applications for N900 other than Sygic and Joikuspot. This was a step 4 out of 5 device and all the company's see that and don't want to develop. Here is the best line. "Wait for pr 1.2 and the QT update. Then companies will start to come." Really?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I think the logical explanation would be that since N8 and the rest of the upcoming phones WILL have Flash 10.1, it would be a shame to have an older phone in the market with a 'new' feature....it will hurt their sellings.....so, they are waiting for the new phones to come around and then give the update to the people.....so expect Flash 10.1 after September....maybe during Christmas time.....ehehe

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Not sure on all the hate about Flash. N900 with 800mhz OC does a pretty good job with full Flash, plays vids and a lot of games very well, in a phone form factor device.

Incredible has Flash Lite 4 and it works great with the Dolphin browser, but for some reason, the function is minimal with the stock browser. Strange that Dolphin plays more content and games than with the stock.

Anyhoo'- Flash Lite 4 does a good job and is Flash 10.1 lite, without GPU function. Flash 10.1 with gpu should be very good.

As posted before, the N900 is the only device that combines the power and inputs (stylus, mouse mode, keyboard) to handle all Flash 10.1 content- yet is not getting it.

BTW, Flash Lite 4 performs better than 9.4 on N900 does. DIfferent OS's and chipsets, but 3430 at 800mhz should be similar to the snap at 1ghz. Also, Maemo should be more efficient than Android.

Kind of moot though, since no keyboard on Inc. Irony.

Crazy.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-05-13 at 16:46.

I have an increasing feeling that it's not Adobe's end that's the problem. That it's Nokia's end that is why we may not be seeing Flash 10 on the N900.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I have an increasing feeling that it's not Adobe's end that's the problem. That it's Nokia's end that is why we may not be seeing Flash 10 on the N900.
Heck, at least throw the N900 users a bone and give them Flash Lite 4. Vids and games work fine and more content works, since Flash 10.1 compliant.

How hard to incorporate Flash Lite 4? Same effort as 10.1?

Opera on the older Archos 5 has Flash Lite 3 built into the browser. Be cool if we could get Opera with Flash Lite 4 bulit in. Based on Incredible's performace with Lite 4, it is better than what we have now (for games and vids, at least).

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
I think the logical explanation would be that since N8 and the rest of the upcoming phones WILL have Flash 10.1, it would be a shame to have an older phone in the market with a 'new' feature....it will hurt their sellings.....
There is no upcoming phone in the N900’s class for roughly 6 more months. So if the new Flash is not released to the N900 and it does become widely available in June, it’s an autogoal, as AFAIK there will be no high-end Cortex class Nokia phone until the Harmattan device. The N8 and other current-gen Symbian phones do not have the proper browser and horsepower background to take full advantage of Flash 10, so there is no point in protecting them from other Nokia products. Not to mention that the N900 is one of the most expensive Nokia phones, so there is actually a business interest in selling them with Flash 10. Because, you now, they still ARE selling N900s. I know what Qole tweeted, but it still does not make sense no matter how I look at it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
http://nokia-n900.com/flash-player-10-1-on-nokia-n900/

flash 10.1 is coming to the n900.

so no more yukky flash 9. no GPU support

Last edited by felbutss; 2010-05-14 at 05:43.

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post

Hope you noticed that article is 6 months old.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chrome For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post

1 November 2009

its an old video they wont give N900 flash 10.1

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
ye i know. where does it say that the n900 will never get 10.1????? if they r testing the n900 then ..... lol think about it

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update