Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
thats for clearing that up.

i had a little spark of insanity btw, what if the control of plugins and javascript could be done on a domain basis?

if anyone is familiar with the noscript plugin for firefox, one may know the general idea im going for.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Was wondering, if there is any way, possibly implemented as an opetion, to have tear override the theme for things on the webpages like text entry boxes, buttons, check boxes, things of that nature. I use the meta theme and all that stuff shows up as the blue instead of white like it should be. Is this a posibility at all?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Maybe if a theme changer is implemented for the whole Tear... Like the one mYTube has.

that would be great, I dont need to see the colors of the theme im using on a webpage...i prefer everything look as it would (as far as all the box colors and text entry goes) if i was looking at it on the computer.

hi, can anybody show mw, how can i java in N810? i need to see the charts and tables in these 2 links - http://www.fxstreet.com/rates-charts/charts-panel/ and http://www.netdania.com/Products/liv...QuoteList.aspx. I manage tp google this - weblogs.java.net/blog/jfalkner/archive/2007/12/java_and_the_no.html - 22k, but do not understand. thanks

Check easy debian.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
sg6652: Even with Easy Debian (or the newer version of Java in Easy Mer / Ubuntu), those Java charts are going to take a very long time to come up on your screen (probably more than a minute to load, maybe even 2 - 5 minutes!), and when they do, they won't fit -- you'll have to scroll around a lot even when in fullscreen (screenshot)... I suggest looking for other ways to get that info on your tablet...

Last edited by qole; 2009-03-10 at 20:58. Reason: added screenshot.. what the heck why not

Just wanted to make a post with pretty much the only problems Ive found with tear. Ive been using it exclusively(except for the problem sites) for around a week. So here is my list, not sure if some of these has been addressed, and hopefully in a reply you can tell if specific is have been/are going to be addressed.

1. Cant download images, etc. Nothing shows up in the download manager and I checked the directory you specified in a previous post.

2. Cant get to login screen on IMDB. When I tap the login button in the upper right hand corner, nothing happens.

3. The login box on USA Today.com shows up when tapped but when I enter my info, it doesnt actually log me in.

4. Also on USA Today.com, when viewing comments on an article it wont set the view to "view oldest first" and remember it.

5. As mentioned in a previous post, the theme elements showing up on a webpage(text entry fields, check boxes, etc) As you said would love to be able to set the theme for tear independently , like in mytube.

6. Doesnt login to full version of myspace, but does login to the mobile version just fine.

7. Doesnt always keep passwords in the entry field. Seems this happens when I view the page on another browser , then when I go back to that page in tear my password is gone.

8. Sometimes, when clicking links in a thread on ITT it opens a new window, but doesnt remember my ITT login on the new page. ...havent figured out what triggers this behavior.

9. The FN key has to be held down to get number , etc.

10. The shift key also has to be held down to get all caps.

11. The dpad doesnt work for switching to the next text entry field or link on a webpage.

Thats pretty much all that I can find...Im not even mentioning the lack of an adblock, because of the gain in speed Ive got I really dont give a damn at the moment LOL. Keep up the good work!!!!

Part of these issues sound like you run an older libwebkit...?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
my issues (not sure if they were already mentioned)

bugs

- you can't paste (ctrl+v) from clipboard into url field
- shift i (uppercase i) zooms so you can't enter this letter into textarea field at all (!)
- sometimes fullscreen switch doesnt work until I switch window out and back in
- unchecking "enable plugins" does not stick when browser is closed and reopened, also sometimes checkbox is not there but Flash is shown in pages

wishlist
- page up/down keybindings (same as microb or shift or ctrl up/down)

otherwise it is really nice browser indeed, many thanks :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:

Tags
brower, browser, browserd fix, khtml, microb alternative, microb killer, tear, webkit, www