Active Topics

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Link to the last newsletter: https://us19.campaign-archive.com/?u...&id=5b1da790ee

Thanks a lot Chen (and team) for the official confirmation that the bootloader will be open, and that you are keen to approach Sailfish OS developers and others (guessing Maemo Leste for instance, hopefully some Debian-based distribution like the Gemini too). This is greatly appreciated and I hope developers will catch the opportunity.

Will it be able to multi-boot, like the Gemini, or will it be like Xperia devices that are either running Android or Sailfish X once unlocked?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Link to the last newsletter: https://us19.campaign-archive.com/?u...&id=5b1da790ee

Thanks a lot Chen (and team) for the official confirmation that the bootloader will be open, and that you are keen to approach Sailfish OS developers and others (guessing Maemo Leste for instance, hopefully some Debian-based distribution like the Gemini too). This is greatly appreciated and I hope developers will catch the opportunity.

Will it be able to multi-boot, like the Gemini, or will it be like Xperia devices that are either running Android or Sailfish X once unlocked?
Dual boot should be possible

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Are you setting up shop or are you planning to ship it without a shop like 10 selected devs get it?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
and what's the point of Maemo L?
https://leste.maemo.org/Leste_FAQ

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I'm sorry I am not responsible to any comment other than the F(x) official channel or my direct response. Just to make it clear.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Disclaimer: I'm not an official Fx spokesman. All my messages are mostly guesses. Hope I don't confuse people.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I'm sorry I am not responsible to any comment other than the F(x) official channel or my direct response. Just to make it clear.
That’s good to know. You mean the newsletter I guess.

So anything in this thread isn’t official?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
That’s good to know. You mean the newsletter I guess.

So anything in this thread isn’t official?
Maybe only copypaste from newsletter or maybe² and ~...

And link to newsletter... There is the truth.

We mortal just speculate

Sorry Chen...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Maybe only copypaste from newsletter or maybe² and ~...

And link to newsletter... There is the truth.

We mortal just speculate

Sorry Chen...
Do you need that towel?

Since nothing here is official and chen use the news letter to inform about what he like to inform about I see no reason not to speculate or discuss whatever related to Fx right here.

The important thingy is that we all understand this is a free for all interested to see what’s up with this device/ project or whatever. But no one speaks with any real athority in this thread. As long as we are not tooooooo far of the target. Becouse then I call the po lice.

Or close this thread and wait for the real deal.

So
What’s your view...
On this landscape launcher? I’m not sure. So there are no landscape launchers already for Android?

Last edited by Dave999; 2019-01-17 at 22:06.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Chen said that he is not responsible for what is being commented here except from his own messages after there was some speculation in the last pages about what HtheB knew, which is not quite the same as saying that this topic is only speculation. The official channel is not on TMO, of course, but there is still valuable and verified information here since we have the project leader monitoring and participating.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit