Active Topics

just use the normal firmware but you need to do a full reflash firmware and emmc

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
just use the normal firmware but you need to do a full reflash firmware and emmc
Normal as in the one I downloaded with NaviFirm+?

Thanks m4r0v3r and to thedead1440, Akkumaru

Open aegis?
Does that mean that, i can fllash fw.1.2 or fw.1.3...001 over the existing fw.1.3....009 or not...and is it droid kind of fllashing or replacing existing fw on 'eprom'?
Hoppe someone can understand my questions and answer me, thanx in advance.
Answer to my self then, sounds like non of the questions i asked will work...right!:-/

Last edited by An9; 2012-10-03 at 20:50.

Originally Posted by AlbertT View Post
Normal as in the one I downloaded with NaviFirm+?

Thanks m4r0v3r and to thedead1440, Akkumaru
yes. emmc and firmware, and you need to do them BOTH at once. then youre in closed mode again.

this command does it

flasher -f -F firmware.bin -F emmc.bin -R

if people simple take the time to read, the information is all there....

One report and one update request:

After collecting some information again for PR1.3, I was astonished upgrading to PR1.3 and patching openmode worked so flawlessly using the Flashing guide and the first post of this thread.
  • Backup: Among preserving my data I made an internal backup, which was saved to MyDocs/.backups/Backup4 which I copied to my PC
  • I downloaded the PR1.3 firmware using NaviFirmEx under wine, in my case important:
    • The rootfs (fiasco) image:
      DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin
    • The EMMC image:
      DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.13-7.ALPS_EMMC_ALPS.bin
  • Downloaded the patched kernel http://maemo.cloud-7.de/HARM/N9/1.3/...dfl61-20121301
  • Reset to get rid of BigScaryWarning: First went back to normal mode by doing a "Comprehensive Reset" using the images:
    Code:
    sudo flasher -f -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.13-7.ALPS_EMMC_ALPS.bin
  • Getting rid of the BigScaryWarning: Booted the N9 and installed developer mode and executed the command
    Code:
    disclaimer-cal remove View-openmode
    as advertised in this thread.
  • The Nitdroid-thread here: forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=241.msg1802#msg1802 suggests the latter is also possible by using
    Code:
    --suppress-warranty-warning
    with the flasher command, I did not check this worked.
  • Now again powered off and flashed the openmode kernel with the full images
    Code:
    sudo flasher -f -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.13-7.ALPS_EMMC_ALPS.bin -k ../PR1.3/maemo.cloud-7.de/HARM/N9/1.3/openmode-kernel/zImage-2.6.32.54-dfl61-20121301
  • Happy with my new firmware and openmode I installed some software then figured to restore the backup: Copied back the Backup4 directory from my PC to
    Code:
    MyDocs/.backups/Backup4
    where I had to create the .backups directory, since no backup on the newly flashed image...
  • Using the internal Restore mechanism I recovered my Accounts, Notes, Contacts, Messages and whatever settings the internal Backup saves that is not so visible. I declined to install the missing software after the phone rebooted.
  • Some programs refused to install, e.g AppsForMeego using the MeeCatalog but it did using the "Restore" function in the settings. Some programs installed flawlessly (openssh using MeeCatalog). I guess the installation behaviour is not flash/openmode related.
Astonishing (for me at least) is this:
  • I don't get the BigScaryWarning
  • I was asked my passwords once and never again so far. (aegis seems to use the openmode security keys and is happy with it)

Update request @jalyst. Since PR1.3 is the last update, would it not be helpful to update the OP to the current kernel?
And: BIgScaryWarning is it not solved? For me it seems so.
I don't know if any of the rest is obsolete.

I think a separate wiki entry for why and how of OpenMode / Injection would be helpful here: wiki.maemo.org
Does that exist already?

Cheers.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to unphysicalix For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by unphysicalix View Post
Update request @jalyst. Since PR1.3 is the last update, would it not be helpful to update the OP to the current kernel?
And: BIgScaryWarning is it not solved? For me it seems so.
I don't know if any of the rest is obsolete.
What specifically is not clear or outdated, if anyone can outline all that, I'll gladly add it to the OP, TY.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
What specifically is not clear or outdated, if anyone can outline all that, I'll gladly add it to the OP, TY.
If you do a clean flash you can start-up your device, enable developer mode and in terminal type:

Code:
after this you can flash the open mode kernel the following way:

Code:
flasher -a rootfs.bin -k OPEN_MODE_KERNEL --flash-only=kernel --suppress-warranty-warning -f

Now start up your phone and you will be in open mode without the "scary warranty" message...It is safe to do the above and was published by CODeRUS 5 months back

His thread describes how you can get rid of the message if you are already using your device in open mode and don't want to do a full flash hence losing your data...However the above is what someone needs to do if he is doing a full flash...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-11-04 at 17:12. Reason: s/4/5

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
If you do a clean flash you can start-up your device, enable developer mode and in terminal type:

Code:
after this you can flash the open mode kernel the following way:

Code:
flasher -a rootfs.bin -k OPEN_MODE_KERNEL --flash-only=kernel --suppress-warranty-warning -f

Now start up your phone and you will be in open mode without the "scary warranty" message...It is safe to do the above and was published by CODeRUS 5 months back

His thread describes how you can get rid of the message if you are already using your device in open mode and don't want to do a full flash hence losing your data...However the above is what someone needs to do if he is doing a full flash...
If that's all that's really lacking in the OP I have now linked to your post in the OP, TY.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
How do I check properly if I am under Open mode or not . It's still staying aegis-installing app (from '') when I install something via xterm

Tags
aegis, open kinda