Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Updated wiki with all requests (that we can actually do something about) from this thread, and also added a list of FIXED-in-Diablo-but-not-released bugs. Please check in case I missed anything.

BTW, is anyone affected by bug 3793? I just remembered I backported the Fremantle patch sometime ago (binary deb attached to the report) but can't test it myself.
I get the symptoms of Bug 3793 occasionally where the file manager just crashes out, although I have never done any diagnosis to try and work out what it was, so any possible fix would be welcome.

checked out the wiki page, and that looks like a very comprehensive list of fixes, and enchancements. I would like to see the A2DP and AVRCP patches from Mer included if possible, and the metalayer crawler fix, along with a menu option to run it manually. although it's not a great idea to have it run as a service automatically, it is useful.

Was there ever any enhancements for the media player itself, such as album art, or even optimisations?

Improved performance and album art would improve the player immensely. Backport from Fremantle would be awesome, but completely unrealistic.

thanks for your efforts keeping the flag flying high, and long may it continue to.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Openntpd - available in Maemo Extras. Seems to work an absolute treat for me.
openNTPD works great. Forgotten I even had it installed
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Thanks to X-Fade who spent this afternoon working on this, we now have maemo.org signed repositories! Without further ado, they are:

Code:
deb http://repository.maemo.org/community/ diablo free non-free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/community-testing/ diablo free non-free

The community/ one is supposed to be the "stable" one and is currently empty, while community-testing now holds the contents of my private testing repository.

To current testers: all further development will happen there, so feel free to remove the private repo from your application manager config (I'll be closing it down anyway, but disabling it will save you unnecessary HTTP requests).

To everyone else who is interested in testing:
  1. Make sure you have not (perhaps unintentionally) removed the appropriate osso-software-version-rxXX package for your device, of if you have re-install it as SSU simply won't work without it.
  2. Visit http://repository.maemo.org/communit...esting.install with the built-in browser (microb) and open it with the application manager when prompted. This will install the community-testing repository and an enabler package that loads its public key and sets up the package domain with a higher priority than the nokia-system one so that nokia-system packages can be updated.
  3. Refresh the application manager (bottom right button) so it will see the packages in the community-updates domain and offer the update.
  4. Install the update.
  5. Report any issues here (for now, I'll be bugging Andre for a bugs.maemo.org product soon).

To anyone interested in contributing: look at http://wiki.maemo.org/Talk:Diablo_Community_Project for the backlog and see if anything grabs your interest :-)

Last edited by lma; 2010-05-04 at 15:57.

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
on my way to update

only worry is that of available free space...

never mind, i speed read the post and ended up zeroing in on the .install, not picking up that the non-testing repo was currently empty...

Last edited by tso; 2010-05-04 at 16:06.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
installed and updated on my N810. N800 will follow.

appreciating the work and effort.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I'd be interested in testing on my N810.
Especially
"2639*community-diablo, patch2639
Home view needs to have an option to lock desktop applets into place"

If I download and install this new repo will each individual bug fix show up in that repo with the bug reference number and you can download/install selected bug fixes - or do they all come down at the same time?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I'd be interested in testing on my N810.
Especially
"2639*community-diablo, patch2639
Home view needs to have an option to lock desktop applets into place"
That one isn't packaged yet.

If I download and install this new repo will each individual bug fix show up in that repo with the bug reference number and you can download/install selected bug fixes - or do they all come down at the same time?
All at the same time, same as with a Nokia SSU. There is also a changelog you can read in the application manager before updating.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
Hi

Who can delete some deb on extras/extras-devel?
for example
libdb4.2, libxml2 żdebian? version
x11-common, not installable

and maybe some others... maybe do a "cleanup" of the diablo repo

Just ran the update on my n810, installed seamlessly.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Not one prob on the Community SSU enabler update, congrats on getting the Maemo.org signed repository!

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo