Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 160 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Greece-Athens
Originally Posted by Un27Pee View Post
Application manager notified the update and installed fine here , fast smooth snappier and always doing better and better thanks Bundyo for the good job.
What do you mean? Using qole´s repo i´ m still in tear 0.3.1-1 and libwebkit 1.0-41137-8

I upgraded to 0.3.1-2 using the package from bundyo´s site, and now app manager shows an update (downgrade) that's the 0.3.1-1!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
@gerstavros: You're probably using the old qole's repo (which is still there, but not updated after the demise of maemobox.org)?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Tear no longer starts from the command line:

Code:
*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/tear: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x409b9ba8 ***
Aborted
Um, what? More info?

Originally Posted by gerstavros View Post
What do you mean? Using qole´s repo i´ m still in tear 0.3.1-1 and libwebkit 1.0-41137-8
sorry was absent using qole repos now had libwebkit 1.0-41137-9 always through app manager and then tear 0.3.1-2

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Last edited by Un27Pee; 2009-05-27 at 11:43.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Qole, I have a personal menu entry assigned to launch my google voice page in tear and it still works fine.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Um, what? More info?
Interesting... It works now... I wonder why it wasn't working then? Hmmm... I'll see if I can reproduce that...

Tear was starting from the icon (dbus?), but it would crash with the error I gave above when I tried to start it from a command line.

Is there a command line that will start Tear from dbus? Just in case this happens again?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I've deleted my old repo. I thought it was going to be deleted last month, but it has lived on in an undead state for too long. Silver bullet. Stake through the heart.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Is there a command line that will start Tear from dbus? Just in case this happens again?
Stolen from the first post:
Code:
dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.Tear /com/nokia/tear com.nokia.Tear.OpenAddress string:"http://maemo.org"

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
@gerstavros: You're probably using the old qole's repo (which is still there, but not updated after the demise of maemobox.org)?
I m using the http://qole.maemobox.org/repository

Tags
browserd fix, microb killer, webkit