Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Same thing with lower case, tried that before even posting last question.

Latest Diablo, nothing much of anything installed on it, also cleaned out every Ruby package that was on it as well.

Nokia-N800-43-7:~# apt-get install libhildon1-ruby1.8 libruby1.8 libconic-ruby1.8 ruby1.8 libosso-ruby1.8
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
libatk1-ruby1.8 libcairo-ruby1.8 libgdk-pixbuf2-ruby1.8 libglib2-ruby1.8
libgtk2-ruby1.8 libpango1-ruby1.8
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libatk1-ruby1.8 libcairo-ruby1.8 libconic-ruby1.8 libgdk-pixbuf2-ruby1.8
libglib2-ruby1.8 libgtk2-ruby1.8 libhildon1-ruby1.8 libosso-ruby1.8
libpango1-ruby1.8 libruby1.8 ruby1.8
0 upgraded, 11 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
Need to get 2609kB of archives.
After unpacking 9425kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Abort.

Hmm, try adding
Code:
-y --force-yes
after apt-get install or try installing the libxml package with dpkg first. It should complain about missing dependencies. After it's installed, try running
Code:
apt-get -f install
as root and see what happens. If you are doing this on the device and not via ssh, try rebooting the device. Maybe xkbd has messed up something. Also make sure you have enough space left.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Ayup!

Adding -y --force-yes did the trick for some reason.

I'm really digging the high standard of your RubyBox.

Great work!

I had a question about the mouse click functionality, but what I really want is some advice on how to properly work with dos applications that use relative positioning of the mouse. has a solution been worked out for these programs?

Originally Posted by mfsamuel View Post
I had a question about the mouse click functionality, but what I really want is some advice on how to properly work with dos applications that use relative positioning of the mouse. has a solution been worked out for these programs?
There are only a couple options that I know of that affect the mouse. In Rubybox on the main parameter screen you'll see a parameter called 'sdl sensitivity' set to a default of 100. Try adusting that up or down 5 points. In the advanced screen of Rubybox there is a parameeter called 'sdl autolock' which is set to a default of 'true'. Try setting that to 'false'. Between those 2 settings I've been able to get mouse positioning to work on many games. Of course there are always some buggers that just won't work no matter what.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pushwall For This Useful Post:
Is the source for the maemo version of DosBox posted somewhere? Or is it totally unmodified from upstream DosBox? If unmodified, I'd love to see the rules file for building the deb and try building it myself.

Also I noticed that this page exists:

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/dosbox/

It would be great to get your work integrated into this site. The existing site is just an empty placeholder.

Originally Posted by jeremiahL View Post
Is the source for the maemo version of DosBox posted somewhere? Or is it totally unmodified from upstream DosBox? If unmodified, I'd love to see the rules file for building the deb and try building it myself.

Also I noticed that this page exists:

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/dosbox/

It would be great to get your work integrated into this site. The existing site is just an empty placeholder.
ArnimS probably has the sources, but I doubt he's reading these forums anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
ArnimS probably has the sources, but I doubt he's reading these forums anymore.
Why do you doubt he's reading these forums anymore?

I just checked, he hasn't been on since Dec 31, 2008...

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yes, he shows from time to time, even responds here and there.

Hey Ukki, I think I might have done something terribly wrong with your new layout settings.

Right now, this is all I'm seeing for this file:
/usr/bin/dosboxkbd
#!/bin/sh

Whatever keyboard I select, it just throws it on the right side of the screen and is also offset by 1 pixel both on the X and Y axis so it's not tightly snugged against the screen like intended.

If I choose another keyboard, like wanting to have one on the left side, it's just dumping it on top of the right one.

What filthy piece of crap did I screw up on this?

Also, when you have the time, could you upload and package my Monopoly keyboard and have it so one could have it displayed on either the right or let side by choice?

It should be easy enough for anyone to edit it using Emelfm2 so one can simply custom design a few hotkeys for whatever game or application they are using.

Thanks ahead buddy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mono.zip (802 Bytes, 86 views)