Active Topics

Notices

hey everything is working now but i need another help, i need all the commands that i can access into this widget, if anyone can send it to me.
thank you again

sometimes the Desktop Command Execution Widget don't respond am wondering if it's normal ??

Originally Posted by moudy91 View Post
hey everything is working now but i need another help, i need all the commands that i can access into this widget, if anyone can send it to me.
thank you again
The commands are at http://wiki.maemo.org/Desktop_Comman...Widget_scripts

As for the no response issue does that happen only with dcew. Sometimes widgets including shortcuts like phone app become unresponsive for some time on my screen too.I think that's a problem with hildon-home unless you have an offending widget

Originally Posted by techie View Post
The commands are at http://wiki.maemo.org/Desktop_Comman...Widget_scripts

As for the no response issue does that happen only with dcew. Sometimes widgets including shortcuts like phone app become unresponsive for some time on my screen too.I think that's a problem with hildon-home unless you have an offending widget

if their any way that i can fix the hildon-home and to make it responding anymore ???
about me all i have on my desktop is the Desktop Command Execution Widget

Last edited by moudy91; 2010-07-14 at 11:15.

is there anyway to set icons for scripts? i mean different icons for different commands

Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
is there anyway to set icons for scripts? i mean different icons for different commands

i dont think so dana bcs its a small app just from scripts.

problem solved!

Code:
echo "reboot" | sudo gainroot | echo ""

Warning: Consult forums before you try this, because currently DCEW executes some (all?) commands at startup. This will be optional in next version. Making a reboot button on current DCEW version could result in endless reboot loop.

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, United Kingdom
The version on extras-testing is already fixed.

hi guys can anyone help me to do with the Desktop Command Execution Widget all i want to do is to put a simple text with this app, so anyone can help me with this??
thank yo and regards.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
What text you want to have displayed? A static text or some generated i.e. the output of some command?
Just add one instance of DCEW to your desktop, open up the settings and fill in the appropriate fields. That's all