Active Topics

My Jolla's been playing up a little recently. Random reboots, sudden battery discharges, refusing to charge... most of the time it's absolutely fine, but when it decides it doesn't want to work, it's hella annoying.

Also, coming to the realisation that this will be the first smartphone I have that I won't be able to pass on to a family member. My LG E900 went to a brother, my Lumia 920 to my mother, Z10 to another brother, Lumia 1020 to OG brother - but I won't be able to pass on a Jolla. It's still 'not there', just too finicky for non-techies. They won't have the patience to work with it when it's in a strop, so I have no idea what I'll do with it when I need to switch to a dual-SIM in August.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Another tip: if you want way more fluid and way better performance/integration of the Play Store, always install the latest Play Store APK (or install the latest APK every once in a while)

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
I applied for another service request for my Jolla, I have had continuous problems with voice calls and I already sent it for service in January but nothing was done to the phone. I have now tried three different phones in the mean time and it is obvious where the problem lies. Has anyone else had dropped calls, disappearing voice and such?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miharin For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
I applied for another service request for my Jolla, I have had continuous problems with voice calls and I already sent it for service in January but nothing was done to the phone. I have now tried three different phones in the mean time and it is obvious where the problem lies. Has anyone else had dropped calls, disappearing voice and such?
I've had phones in Elisa network from since it was Radiolinja (around 1996 or so) and any of my devices have not suffered any symptoms like that for the last 5 years or so, when the network coverage started to be sufficent. (before Jolla I had N9 and before that tens of symbian devices...)

To be truthful, last year I did have problems with voicecalls for a while, as I was forced to use the Sonera network for about half a year... but when I was able to switch back to Elisa again all my worries diappeared

My device is really nearing it's end. The yellow blob on the screen is growing fast, it dies when reaching 100% on charger with the message "not enough current" and im not sure if my i2c-connections are working properly anymore. The last one is my fault, but still. just glad i bought mine secondly for cheaps.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by djbengan View Post
My device is really nearing it's end. The yellow blob on the screen is growing fast, it dies when reaching 100% on charger with the message "not enough current" and im not sure if my i2c-connections are working properly anymore. The last one is my fault, but still. just glad i bought mine secondly for cheaps.
If this doesn't shout "warranty repair" all over, then nothing does

Last edited by nodevel; 2015-05-07 at 13:10.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
It this doesn't shout "warranty repair" all over, then nothing does
Provided it is still under warranty.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
To be truthful, last year I did have problems with voicecalls for a while, as I was forced to use the Sonera network for about half a year... but when I was able to switch back to Elisa again all my worries diappeared
Hmm. That sounds like apples vs. oranges. Miharin indicated quite clearly that (s)he has tried several phones and Jolla was the only one with the problem. Granted (s)he did not say (s)he tried them all on the same network but I understood that that was implied.

I have not had any problems of such kind myself but then I do not use my Jolla as a phone much.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Provided it is still under warranty.
It's 2 years in Europe.

My Jolla has crackling noises in the earpiece since some days, I received it in December 2013, they have confirmed this will be repaired under warranty.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
It's 2 years in Europe.
That's what I keep reading in this forum. However Jolla Warranty Policy says one year.

As I have already mentioned somewhere in this forum (that I cannot find now), there are loopholes in the EU compulsory 2 years warranty requirement. Basically it boils down to who has a stronger will to fight and/or a better lawyer.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Depends on which country you live in. In my country, the national law explicitly states that the warranty on electronic devices is at least 2 years. And yes, this is in Europe.

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience