Active Topics

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
That's a bug in the UI(already fixed), Exchange main calendar is should be called "Microsoft Exchange" and other calendar in the same account should display their server name.
Thanks for answer. Is the same valid for google accounts under presence status? Added 2 google accounts and tbh, have no idea which is which -- both have same icon, same name (google-talk).

A bit confusing :P

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
I can confirm similar behaviour. When transferring files via scp when Jolla screen is OFF, transfers generally become sluggish or even stalled.
I have noticed that if I try pinging my stby Jolla, I usually do not get any response and when I wake up the screen by double tap I see pings coming back from Jolla immediately.

PS. My router is in the same room, quite new and powerful TP-link wr941nd
Pretty odd since I have seen no such behaviour with my device.
When it goes to "screen off mode" it's exactly as responsive as ever, case in point:
  • I just pinged the device which is on a table in the next room, screen off and no charger connected. It has been laying there for a half a day, untouched.
  • ping reply was immediate, reply to ssh was immediate and no stalling observed

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Pretty odd since I have seen no such behaviour with my device.
When it goes to "screen off mode" it's exactly as responsive as ever, case in point:
  • I just pinged the device which is on a table in the next room, screen off and no charger connected. It has been laying there for a half a day, untouched.
  • ping reply was immediate, reply to ssh was immediate and no stalling observed
It mostly hits on uid changes (ssh session is kept alive, but 'sudo powertop', 'pkcon install xxx' and similar will appear to hang, sometimes randomly will stop during ./configure or make), starting new connection for me results in 'unreachable/no route to host' whether from n900 or from laptop if there was no connection kept alive (double tap and next attempt works most of the time)

Last edited by szopin; 2013-12-25 at 02:10.

Hi guys, I searched the forum but couldn't find anything so here we go:

If I play a video from gallery app and then minimize the app by swiping from right edge, the video stops playing. Shouldn't it keep playing in the home view?? I mean this is one of the trademark features of Sailfish OS right? Luckily, I tried playing a youtube video in the browser and it kept playing when minimized, so multitasking is not broken altogether
But what about gallery app? I have already reset the device to factory settings once and it didn't help.

Have I misunderstood anything?

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Hello

Just couple of annoyances that has occurred to me so far. Would like to hear if others have had same kind of experiences. I have had the phone since the launch day

1. The phone doesn't instantly act on double tap when locked. Is sluggish for a second when opening from black screen. Noticeable for example after long standby times. Noticed at least wout.martens posting something similar. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=236

2. Some android apps have problems connecting when connection changing from wlan to GSM of vice versa. Especially often happens with finnish banking application PiVo. Any users of that here? Curious thing about this is, that on the same time as PiVo says there is no connection, Firefox is working normally.

3. a) The phone application has some bug/clitches. Sometimes old unanswered call keep coming up on notifications again when an new unanswered call happens. One has to actually click the unanswered call to stop this from happening.
b) This might be a feature also. After you end a call, no matter how long screen shut delay you have set, the screen goes off in couple of seconds after ending the call. Also think that the screen of delay has problems in other situations as well, but haven't yet payed enough attention to elaborate more.
c) My phone application has had something fun happen already twice. Only solution I have found has so far been to restart the phone. Closing down the phone app by swiping does not help. What happens is the following: The application shows the normal cover in the launcher, but once the application is opened, nothing is showing, you can, however use the active cover to select the keypad, and that works, although no numbers that you select are shown. But they are selected as you can still make the call. See pictures.

4. I think it is really annoying that with facebook integration you can't have choice where you could sync/share your photos, calendar and instant messaging without bringing all you facebook friends as contacts to the phone. N9 had the choice of only bringing those people that were already in you contacts. I know this is not a bug, but at least it is a glitch

5. Even when showing full strenght on WLAN connection, the phone might lose the connection anytime and keep changing between WLAN and GSM data.

6. Sometimes the browser decides not to open links anymore. Has to close the tab to get them working again. But then again, the browser is halfway finished anyways...

7. When using bluetooth headphones or car system, there is no option to direct the voice back to the phones earpiece. Only options are the bluetooth device and speaker.

Any similar experiences with others?

Oh, and hopefully everyone had a nice Christmas!
Attached Images

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Is anyone else experiencing the following bug/problem?
  • The ambiance of the white other half fails to install. It fails with "Problem with store, This Other Half is not working" every time I connect it, even on a fresh install. I don't care about the white ambiance so much, but the consequence is I cannot switch any ambiances from the home screen/lock screen. Swipe to the right/left does nothing.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Is anyone else experiencing the following bug/problem?
  • The ambiance of the white other half fails to install. It fails with "Problem with store, This Other Half is not working" every time I connect it, even on a fresh install. I don't care about the white ambiance so much, but the consequence is I cannot switch any ambiances from the home screen/lock screen. Swipe to the right/left does nothing.

Thank you.
Do you have two or more ambiances as favorites?

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
Do you have two or more ambiances as favorites?
I thought I did, but I never confirmed it by swiping to the right after marking as favorite.

Thank you, now at least the ambiance switcher is working. I can live without the white ambiance, but I'm still curious what is the problem.

So I solved my Amazon store being stuck with the help of an Android file manager (I haven't yet enabled developer mode), but it seems the problem can be reproduced: Every time I install something from Amazon store and the apk gets saved in the cache folder, the store gets stuck with no way back except to uninstall, delete the file from the cache and re-install. Any permanent solutions?

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Email -- when new mail arrive and I select message from notifications view message will open but not load, page will be empty. I have to slide back to inbox where message has read status and select it again.

Also, a lot of inline images (smileys, signatures etc.) wont load at all; same messages are OK on N9.