Notices

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Tried install from deb file and it didint work. Had some "Permission denied" errors.
Then installed useing aegis install hack and works.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Try installing via warehouse! Works flawless for me....

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Is high-fps video recording at low resolution possible ?

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Thanks for al the suggestions

Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
[*]picture zoom in the gallery doesn't reveal more picture details like in the builtin gallery... pics just get pixelated...
But we can zoom more than the builtin gallery. Probably that's the reason?

[*]camera+ seems to require a constant internet connection, because it keeps asking if I'm not connected...
Probably due to geotags feature...
This is kind of a problem if I'm abroad and want to take pictures
That's reverse geocoding most likely. Do you have that enabled too in stock camera? I remember that issue was there during stock camera development but I am not sure how we fixed it :/

[*]I'd love it if you can change the border around a set toolbar icon (it's now kind of an elleptical shape and I think that a rectangle with rounded corners would look better)
Done in git

[*]the color of those set preferences as well as all pressed buttons should be brighter e.g. somthing like #0080FF
(I took a look at the qml files for that and I think that the color is set to "blue" (#0000FF))
Done in git

[*]another thing I noticed is, that (especially for the filters) some labels would be good. not sure how to fit them in though....
Done in git too
I added a label above the toolbar. It looke a bit awkward but it's at least a beginning.

[*]someone in the forum already mentioned that I think. However, it would be cool if you can increase the area around the buttons for recognizing the pressed event.
That would prevent an accidental change of the focus if you are not that precise when hitting a button....
I am not sure how QML will behave if I increase the size of the buttons beyone the size of the toolbar itself. I'd prefer increasing the toolbar size but screen space is kind of limited.

Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
Is high-fps video recording at low resolution possible ?
I am not sure but I don't think it's possible. What's the resolution you would like to have hight fps for? I can always check.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
[*]picture zoom in the gallery doesn't reveal more picture details like in the builtin gallery... pics just get pixelated...

But we can zoom more than the builtin gallery. Probably that's the reason?
No, i checked! stock gallery app definitely reveals more details!
At first it is pixelated too but after about a second it loads more details and the picture gets sharp...

[*]camera+ seems to require a constant internet connection, because it keeps asking if I'm not connected...
Probably due to geotags feature...
This is kind of a problem if I'm abroad and want to take pictures

That's reverse geocoding most likely. Do you have that enabled too in stock camera? I remember that issue was there during stock camera development but I am not sure how we fixed it :/
I tried but I was not able to reproduce this behavior (asking for connection) with the stock camera app

maybe coderus can help. I remember that early builds of wazapp also kept asking for a connection but at some point newer builds that he made didn't ask anymore...

stock app:
I noticed that that if I'm connected to the internet pictures taken have tags (city, country). If not connected it would just display date and time.

camera plus:
it only displays date and time, no matter what....

oh, and one big thing is obviously portrait mode....

however, I really like what you have done so far!!!

Last edited by mcbook; 2014-01-24 at 08:05.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
MSameer, do you plan to do anything with the device detection merge request? It's there for 3 months.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

No, i checked! stock gallery app definitely reveals more details!
At first it is pixelated too but after about a second it loads more details and the picture gets sharp...
I meant that stock gallery alows 4x zooming but camera+ allows more. I think I know what gallery does. It generates a bigger preview once you zoom in. I think that's easy to do. I will check it.

I tried but I was not able to reproduce this behavior (asking for connection) with the stock camera app

maybe coderus can help. I remember that early builds of wazapp also kept asking for a connection but at some point newer builds that he made didn't ask anymore...

stock app:
I noticed that that if I'm connected to the internet pictures taken have tags (city, country). If not connected it would just display date and time.

camera plus:
it only displays date and time, no matter what....

oh, and one big thing is obviously portrait mode....

however, I really like what you have done so far!!!
I simply need to know what settings you have enabled:
camera+: use GPS and use geotags
stock camera: use gps and use geotags

portrait to be honest is very low in priority. It's not as easy as it sounds because I need to selectively rotate some ui elements but not the others. It's a lot of work for not much benefit. I think the pictures themselves have the proper exif tags so they display correctly. It's just the UI which is not rotated correctly.

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
MSameer, do you plan to do anything with the device detection merge request? It's there for 3 months.
I also need to find time to work on it as it's incomplete. I will check it soon. Thanks for reminding me.

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
I am not sure but I don't think it's possible. What's the resolution you would like to have hight fps for? I can always check.
as per this post

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
I know at least N950 camera is able to do 125 fps at low resolution. Don't know about n900 cam though.
But i think a 60fps low resolution ( vga or lower ) if it's not hard to implement it would be a cool addition

Tags
?where is nemo?, thank you!