Active Topics

If you are only reporting, OK.

If you ask for help, then "... and so on..." is not enough. Copy all the output text from running mplayer to where it is available and post a link.

No video - did you run mplayer as root, or made sure the user has permission to access (rw) the /dev/s3c-* files?

No audio - by default the speaker is disabled, either use headphones, or insert and remove headphones (which enables the speaker), or enable it by

echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/hhtech_gpio/speaker_en

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
If you are only reporting, OK.

If you ask for help, then "... and so on..." is not enough. Copy all the output text from running mplayer to where it is available and post a link.

No video - did you run mplayer as root, or made sure the user has permission to access (rw) the /dev/s3c-* files?

No audio - by default the speaker is disabled, either use headphones, or insert and remove headphones (which enables the speaker), or enable it by

echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/hhtech_gpio/speaker_en
I'm sorry if i gave a impression that i done this before - i have never ever been involved in any kind of linux or anything like code slaving...

I'm a total noob - sorry - i just wanted to help not to sink evolution.

And to the report - installing headphone gave me sound!
on both mp3 and video (no screen yet - just black . complains about some fonts missing (~/.mplayer/subfront.tff) i just found out that xterm has alot to tell after you close the program...

I will try to fix this - and not post anything more before a knows howto
(and i was kind of asking for help)

Last edited by bezeen; 2009-06-13 at 21:05.

Originally Posted by bezeen View Post
Gnash also gets a error on libglu1-mesa_7.4-ubuntu3_armel.deb
is this related to the hw drives (whats not optimized yet) or can it be fixed with the right libs?
I can second this on my SmartQ7. I tried downloading the .deb from launchpad and same error. dpkg -x is able to extract the files from the .deb, but the install complains. I didn't try installing all the packages manually, which may work. No matching bugs posted in launchpad either.

Code:
Unpacking libglu1-mesa (from .../libglu1-mesa_7.4-0ubuntu3_armel.deb) ...
lzma: SetDecoderProperties() error
dpkg-deb: subprocess <decompress> returned error exit status 1
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libglu1-mesa_7.4-0ubuntu3_armel.deb (--unpack):
 subprocess dpkg-deb --fsys-tarfile returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libglu1-mesa_7.4-0ubuntu3_armel.deb

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Honolulu, HI
Originally Posted by DannyBiker View Post
My unofficial SmartQ board will be up this Sunday (beginning of next week if I'm late). If some of you are interested in writing FAQ's and Tutorials, it would be greatly appreciated. For the moment, I'm collecting bits of information wherever I can but as I don't own the device yet (will do at the end of June), it's still a bit blurry for me...
Hey, I'd be glad for such a place. What's the URL?

m a r

Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
Hey, I'd be glad for such a place. What's the URL?

m a r
There it is :

http://www.smartqmid.com/

It is still in its early age (understand "empty") and well, I have to fill it with all sorts of FAQ's and Tutorials (you guys could be a great help...hem ) but this could be a great place to gather the spread information that we find daily on the web.
I'm not trying to steal audience from here, I think it's great to still have several places to discuss SmartQ's. If I'll take information from here, I'll always complete it with a direct link to this thread anyway !

I hope you guys will enjoy it...

Last edited by DannyBiker; 2009-06-14 at 15:16.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Honolulu, HI
Nice job getting it up and running.

I've just joined.

m a r

Thanks...I'm starting my "writing FAQ's" period...

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Good work

I am getting dizzy hopping from here to mobileread to mp4nation to J.T’s World to eletroworld.

Having a one stop resource is much better. I shall sign up as soon as my Q7 arrives (can’t be long now).

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
In case you're not following Alternatives forum or the forum outside this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=29597 - Mer 0.14 released
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Hello,

I hope this is the appropriate place to be asking this question. I am hoping to get peoples insight into whether or not this device would be able to run the dosbox that has been discussed in the software section of this forum. Would that build work on a device other than the Nokias and might it work under mer installed on this device? How might the performance compare on the two different devices? I am aware that this is still a fairly new piece of hardware, but I was wondering if anyone here had some thoughts/ opinions on this matter. I apologize if this is not the right place for this question, but it seemed appropriate to me. Thanks for any help you may provide.

Thanks,
Geoque

Tags
parting of the red sea