Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
suddently it works like nothing at all?!

Removed all and reinstalled all for 3 times or so. Itīs been up and running for 2 hours now, and messages just keeps on coming.

I probably waited over 5 mins or something, was whatching tv at the same time than i was installing...

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong
Hi All,

Sorry to bump my earlier post, but can anyone help me with my question?

In short: I'm currently using WhatsApp on Android and would like to switch to Yappari. Should I delete my account on Android before registering from scratch on Yappari?
Or can I just switch over and register on Yappari without first deleting my account? What will happen to my Android account if I do the latter?

Would really appreciate some advice on this! Many thanks in advance for your help!

Originally Posted by Jerex View Post
Hi All,

First of all many thanks for this app which I have been following the development of closely.

I've been running WhatsApp on an Android x86 installation on a PC and accessing it from my N900 through VNC for a while now (more details in this post). It's functional (most of the time), but clearly quite unweildy! So I would really like to finally give Yappari a try and run WhatsApp natively on my N900.

My question is to ask whether I should setup Yappari to use my existing Android WhatsApp account, or to re-register from scratch with Yappari. My current Android account uses my existing mobile number, and as a side note my (extended) 'free trial period' ends in June.

Also, if I re-register in Yappari, do I/should I first delete my Android account? Would really appreciate some answers to these queries from you gents in the know! Many thanks in advance for your help!

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
SOLVED, found the post about using the mirror. Apologies for being crap and many thanks for this program. It's brilliant.

Sorted the time stamp issue in my above post by setting the clock (idiot). But still have this issue.

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ sudo gainroot
Root shell enabled

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/home/user # dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/yappari_0.0.28_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 42931 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking yappari (from .../yappari_0.0.28_armel.deb) ...
dpkg-deb (subprocess): short read in buffer_copy (failed to write to pipe in copy)
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste returned error exit status 2
dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/yappari_0.0.28_armel.deb (--install):
short read in buffer_copy (backend dpkg-deb during `./opt/maemo/usr/share/yappari/icons/32x32/9f-8da4.png')
Processing triggers for catorise ...
################################################## ################################################## ######
No changes to hildon menu.
Errors were encountered while processing:
/home/user/MyDocs/yappari_0.0.28_armel.deb
/home/user #

Any ideas.

Last edited by king Ralphred; 2013-03-12 at 21:59. Reason: not being able to search properly but I'm getting there

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
That's a bad download you obviously didn't search the thread.

Download the .deb again and that's it.

Even the MD5 checksum is posted somewhere here so you can check before trying to install it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Sorry for posting before searching properly. Found the mirror link and have been useing it all night. Awesome work. Used this link.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d63exn

Apologies again

Hello Scorpius, thankyou for your work, I'm very happy with whatsapp in my N900. All updates worked well to 0.0.26, after this I have a problem because I don't see the smiles , check and double check. If I reinstall the update 0.0.26, I can see them. I don't find the problem. Can you help me, please?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by juegos_ds View Post
Hello Scorpius, thankyou for your work, I'm very happy with whatsapp in my N900. All updates worked well to 0.0.26, after this I have a problem because I don't see the smiles , check and double check. If I reinstall the update 0.0.26, I can see them. I don't find the problem. Can you help me, please?
That's very weird. Uninstall Yappari. See if you find folder or link /usr/share/yappari. If you do, delete it.

Then install Yappari 0.0.28 and try.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I got another what-if situation :-D

If I buy another new phone (not N900 but Lumia) but I use back the sim card from N900 registered with Yappari, when I register whatsapp with the new phone, will they detect I already registered and bar me from register again?

As for the old N900, I might be using a new sim card which I believe delete the config file will let me register yappari as new, am I right?

Thanks in advance :-)

p.s. wow, I just discovered I am the #3000 entry on page 300 :-D

Last edited by rayson; 2013-03-15 at 08:20.

sorry for my english
how you make notifications
i trying to make widget what shows a count of unread messages in yappari
i try search in /home/user/.config/hildon-desktop/notifications.db ant in rtcom-eventlogger.db but where is nothing((

any new updates to the software!!!! its beeeen a very long tym!!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp