Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Twitter: "Carsten Munk ‏@stskeeps 7m
We are the innovators. They are the imitators. Come on - hey, don't you know how we started. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWtyJGq4vo"
I don't get it...
Is there meant to be some hidden meaning/suggestion in that song?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I don't get it...
Is there meant to be some hidden meaning/suggestion in that song?
Not everything that Ubuntu is doing is in the open. They're using a lot of other people's code, and aren't contributing back. Not yet and probably not until after they've made their money from those changes...

Sorta something like that. I'm trying to convey quickly what seems to be a very troubling situation. And I'm definitely not exactly the best person to answer since I don't know all of which code and/or libraries are being used: think it started around libhybris.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
No, it started much earlier, during the first mer days. OG Mer was to be (toting the familliar hildon-desktop) the ubuntu mobile distribution back in the days of karmic. I'll leave the details of what happened as an exercise to the reader as I don't know the exact facts and I don't want to misinform.

Last edited by qwazix; 2013-07-24 at 21:40. Reason: Karmic, not hardy

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Not everything that Ubuntu is doing is in the open. They're using a lot of other people's code, and aren't contributing back. Not yet and probably not until after they've made their money from those changes...

Sorta something like that. I'm trying to convey quickly what seems to be a very troubling situation. And I'm definitely not exactly the best person to answer since I don't know all of which code and/or libraries are being used: think it started around libhybris.
Ah, I see, thank-you Sir...

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
No, it started much earlier, during the first mer days. OG Mer was to be (toting the familliar hildon-desktop) the ubuntu mobile distribution back in the days of karmic. I'll leave the details of what happened as an exercise to the reader as I don't know the exact facts and I don't want to misinform.
Interesting, please do go on...
I kid, I didn't extend the same courtesy to you when you wanted much more detail from me about Mir.

*time-limits*

Since it's too quiet, apparently there's a new Sailfish SDK, haven't tried it yet though.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Sailfish is a myth. It don't exist. You are so fooled. It's like Nokias step 5 of 5, future interruptions, Sailfish_Alliance, where is it? And now Sailfish...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
I told you it was failfish!

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Sailfish is a myth. It don't exist. You are so fooled.
And since it's been seen/tried by countless members of the public so far, how do you come to that conclusion?

It's like Nokias step 5 of 5, future interruptions..., where is it? And now Sailfish...
Step 5 of 5 had nothing to do with future disruptions, "future disruptions" was a term coined under Elop's tenure, "Step 5 of 5" was before his time.
Future disruptions was loosely defined by Elop/colleagues, so that it could ultimately be associated with anything, not just locked into something Linux/FOSS-based.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-08-05 at 05:26. Reason: typo

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
And since it's been seen/tried by countless members of the public so far, how do you come to that conclusion?
People have seen something. Unknown what. Why do we know so little if they have tried it. Why don't they speak out about it? Who has tried it?

Step 5 of 5 had nothing to do with future disruptions, "future disruptions" was a term coined under Elop's tenure, "Step 5 of 5" was before his time.
Future disruptions was loosely defined by Elop/colleagues, so that it could ultimately be associated with anything, not just locked into something Linux/FOSS-based.
I know, but it was two epic statement which was worth nothing in the end. And what about Sailfish_Alliance, do you have great explanation for that too?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-08-05 at 05:39.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
People have seen something. Unknown what. Why do we know so little if they have tried it. Why don't they speak out about it? Who has tried it?
You're kidding right, have you not read the dozens of articles that outline the entire UX & core/native apps?
Heaps has been covered already, quite a bit for a device that's still in it's pre-production phase.
That's not something you get from most of the bigger guys before the 1st ww release of their OS/platform.

I know, but it was two epic statement which was worth nothing in the end.
And they were statements made by Nokia's middle to senior management, none of whom work for, or were involved in, setting-up Sailfish(Jolla).
With the power of hindsight, we've since learned that almost all Nokia's ills can be attributable to that part of the organisational structure.

And what about Sailfish_Alliance, do you have great explanation for that too?
That's still a big Qn mark, agreed, but how it remaining unexplained leads you to conclude that Sailfish is a "myth" & "non-existent" is a mystery.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-08-05 at 05:58.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla