Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Do you have a patch in mind?
I am guessing this?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81750

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
new version of fmtx-middleware (0.64.1) is in the repo.

changelog:

* FOSS replacement initial release

Note: this fmtxd should be 100% equivalent to stock PR1.3 fmtxd, so if you have modified jacekowski fmtxd, the "modifications" will no longer work. Once we're assured the replacement behaves in exactly the same way as stock, I am open to suggestions what needs to be "modified" and why

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I am guessing this?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81750
I wouldn't call a random binary on dropbox exactly a patch . I'll appreciate if ade gives some advise on what needs to be done to have that in CSSU (comeon ade, adeclock is in CSSU finally :P)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
I wouldn't call a random binary on dropbox exactly a patch . I'll appreciate if ade gives some advise on what needs to be done to have that in CSSU (comeon ade, adeclock is in CSSU finally :P)
I never used the word patch, it was meant as workaround of course.

What's needs to be done is quite simple:
If you want me to do some of the work, no problem.

Why is glibc just a bz2 blob in ssu gitorious btw? Lack of time to add the individual source files (10898 files in the bz2 archive is a lot )?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
If you want me to do some of the work, no problem.
I'll appreciate ofc

Why is glibc just a bz2 blob in ssu gitorious btw? Lack of time to add the individual source files (10898 files in the bz2 archive is a lot )?
We took the source from maemo repos, bz2 file is the upstream code and changes are applied as patches (in debian/ iirc). It is better that way IMO

Community SSU developer

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
okay, will have a closer look at this stuff first for the details and contact you on IRC about it later.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
new version of hildon-application-manager (1:2.2.73-1) is in the repo,.... please test and report
My my, what an improvement. Snappy start-up and general ops.

So far, the only issue I have is perhaps nothing to do with this version of HAM: if I start HAM and then go to catalogues, it takes a while with the spinning circle for the repos to appear. Is there that much to parse?

My reservations about this is I had trouble seeing / editing the repos in the old HAM unless I went into and exited from uninstall whereupon they appeared (see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...66&postcount=8).

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
My my, what an improvement. Snappy start-up and general ops.
Yep, with Nokia, Ovi, extras and CSSU thumb/testing repos enabled, it is perfectly useble (albeit a bit slow)

So far, the only issue I have is perhaps nothing to do with this version of HAM: if I start HAM and then go to catalogues, it takes a while with the spinning circle for the repos to appear. Is there that much to parse?
Actually yes. But it is not the reason for HAM being *that* slow, it is just that code was (and still is in some parts), not only unoptimized, but like someone wanted to make it slow on purpose.

My reservations about this is I had trouble seeing / editing the repos in the old HAM unless I went into and exited from uninstall whereupon they appeared (see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...66&postcount=8).
Sorry, can't parse that one - do you say that you can't edit the catalogs unless you enter->exit Uninstall with that version?

Anyway, I will appreciate if you (and the others) do an extensive testing of what's done so far. I think I can squeeze more performance, but don't want to make lots of changes at once - if those so far appear to not bring problems, I will fire oprofile against apt-worker and UI again.

Community SSU developer

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-ann...ry/002389.html - it affects all X's from last 23 years, does someone from CSSU maintain X.org?

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-ann...ry/002389.html - it affects all X's from last 23 years, does someone from CSSU maintain X.org?
"Stack buffer overflow in parsing of BDF font files"

I have never seen any BDF font... So I think it is not used on Maemo...

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
easter egg, lockslider