Notices

Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
so marxian r u working on harmattan version???

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by zaidk9 View Post
so marxian r u working on harmattan version???
Not yet. I'm busy working on the backend code atm (adding support for more filehosts etc). Once that is finished and tested on desktop/Maemo5 targets, I'll start work on the Harmattan version.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Version 0.1.0 is now available. Changelog:
  • Added more filehosts.
  • Added support for premium accounts.
  • Added support for captcha entry.
  • Added support for decaptcha service DeathByCaptcha.

Decaptcha services require an account. Only DeathByCaptcha is supported atm, but I'll add more decaptcha services in the near future.

The full list of supported filehosts and link to the Debian package are in the first post. If you use a filehost that is not listed, request it here and I'll try to add it.

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
1 more feature plz. when we press download link on microB it starts download in its slow download manager so cant u make that wen we press download link then QDL should open and start downloading?

plz someone upload decent harmattan icon for this app cuz this app is more then anything

ok i created a png
Attached Images

Last edited by seanmcken; 2012-11-29 at 08:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Thanks for your work, this type of application is much needed.

I am curious about the backend architecture - if it is modulary, how difficult is it to write a plugin for a new filehosting site?
Can plugins from some current projects be used? For example, I would like to see support for hosting site 'uloz.to', but It has already been implemented in both JDownloader (you mentioned it as an inspiration) and PyLoad (http://pyload.org/). Other modules are provided by, for example, CLI app Plowshare (http://code.google.com/p/plowshare/). It would be nice to use these modules instead of reinventing the wheel.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I am curious about the backend architecture - if it is modulary, how difficult is it to write a plugin for a new filehosting site?
QDL uses plugins for the filehosts and recaptcha/decaptcha services. The difficulty of writing a plugin will depend on the filehost. For the most part, it's just a case of a few HTTP GET/POST methods. Most of the filehosts work in a similar way.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Can plugins from some current projects be used? For example, I would like to see support for hosting site 'uloz.to', but It has already been implemented in both JDownloader (you mentioned it as an inspiration) and PyLoad (http://pyload.org/). Other modules are provided by, for example, CLI app Plowshare (http://code.google.com/p/plowshare/). It would be nice to use these modules instead of reinventing the wheel.
I presume that JDownloader plugins are written in Java, so that's probably a non-starter. I took a look at Plowshare, and it might be feasible for me to write a Qt wrapper for the modules, though whether that would be easier or more effective than reimplementing them in Qt is another matter. I'll give it some more thought.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
just a small request marxian.
can you add a column in the downloading window that shows download speed at which the file is being downloaded.
Also is QDL downloading using single connnection or multiple number of connection can't see any setting to set no of connections.

Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
just a small request marxian.
can you add a column in the downloading window that shows download speed at which the file is being downloaded.
Also is QDL downloading using single connnection or multiple number of connection can't see any setting to set no of connections.
I don't think there is any room to show the download speed in the main window, but I can add it to the status dialog that appears when you tap on one of the downloads in the list.

QDL uses one connection for each file. You can't use more than one connection to a single file in most cases, because the filehosts won't allow it (unless you have a premium account). You can, however, download multiple files simultaneously.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
downloads, manager