Active Topics

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
If you want to change NOKIA leadership you will first have to buy a lot of NOKIA stock, which, by the way, is going at a fairly decent price nowdays. Down over 30% for the year... Further, the decrease of stock price is not due to NOKIA's ecosystem but rather its elopsystem.
Exactly. The investors have spoken loudly and clearly. So if that wasn't enough to convince the board to get rid of Elop it's clear that nothing will (especially not some random petition somewhere on the web) and the problem is the board itself. Cf HP/Apotheker.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
lets give elop a chance and see what he will do. i totally agree that meego is a perfect match for iOS and Android but lets give windows phone a chance as well. one thing elop is doing really good and the thing is that nokia is now more active. devices are launched when they are announced and they doesn't take 4 to 5 months to get released. i just want to see Nokia on the top spot again whether the OS will be Meego or Windows Phone it really doesn't matter. and if windows phone failed then Nokia dont have any option to use Meego and Symbian as their main high end OS. and i also think with Symbian Belle update, Symbian is ready again to fight back.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
No need for detailed reasons. Elop is a Microsoft whore....'nuff said.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
panjgoori, I grade your post D-
See me after class.

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
lets give elop a chance and see what he will do.
We've already seen what he's done.

i totally agree that meego is a perfect match for iOS and Android
OK!

but lets give windows phone a chance as well.
It's not "as well", it's "instead". Make up your mind.

one thing elop is doing really good and the thing is that nokia is now more active. devices are launched when they are announced and they doesn't take 4 to 5 months to get released.
That's like praising an arsonist for lighting up a street where the streetlamps just needed replacing.
  1. Nokia has a problem!
  2. Something must be done!
  3. Trashing the roadmap and becoming Microsoft's "partner" is something!
  4. Therefore that is what must be done!

i just want to see Nokia on the top spot again whether the OS will be Meego or Windows Phone it really doesn't matter.
Why? What made them great in the first place? (Hint: differentiation is important and part of that is controlling the OS. Now with WP, the OS controls Nokia) For that reason, your statement doesn't make any sense to me and smacks of blind fanboy-ism.

and if windows phone failed then Nokia dont have any option to use Meego and Symbian as their main high end OS.
Didn't you just say that it didn't matter which OS they succeeded with?

and i also think with Symbian Belle update, Symbian is ready again to fight back.
So you've now managed to make three statements in a row, all of which contradict each other.

Still, I'd rather have you in charge of Nokia than Elop, because the aimless meandering of your post would fit in nicely with the old pre-Elop management style - failing to see what's in front of them, making vague pronouncements, but at least vaguely well-intentioned. Despite its myriad failings, that old management style at least brought us the N900 and the N9.

...and to address the core of this thread: as others have noted, online petitions aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Last edited by shallimus; 2011-11-17 at 15:41.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
lets give elop a chance and see what he will do. i totally agree that meego is a perfect match for iOS and Android but lets give windows phone a chance as well. one thing elop is doing really good and the thing is that nokia is now more active. devices are launched when they are announced and they doesn't take 4 to 5 months to get released. i just want to see Nokia on the top spot again whether the OS will be Meego or Windows Phone it really doesn't matter. and if windows phone failed then Nokia dont have any option to use Meego and Symbian as their main high end OS. and i also think with Symbian Belle update, Symbian is ready again to fight back.

symbian ROTFL have you totally forgoten that those devs has veen fired/outsourced and btw. belle Still not out for n8 and c7 etc.. and nna is bigjoke on my c7. so please dont be so damn naive. symbian.is dead same for meego. only thing that is.alive is n9+maemo6+qt. that should be the way to go but it will not. its all about wp on hiend now.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
btw. My guess there is max ten persons now working with the updates for n9 so credit to that team and alsi the qt team ofcourse.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
Yes.. The future does not look so bright here in Finland at the Nokia factory.

He destroys everything what Nokia is and turn it to Microsoft or something? I hope that windows phone will not sell well. The N9 is so much better in every way!
Except one, developer support.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
someone must be stupid to write this kind of petition. I aasume you don't know how the company works and this petition is a huge crap
Well, as elequently stated, it is pretty clear a petition is not a good idea. Instead, how about starting an "Occupy Nokia" movement so that the 1 % do not ruin it for everybody else. Disgruntled maemo folks could occupy the main lobby of Nokia headquarters and voice their concerns.

Some possible outcomes:

1)Occupiers are ignored (buisness as usual)

2)Elop and board members come down to the lobby and hand out free lumia 800s to everyone. Elop then explains Nokia's global strategic planning. Everyone realizes that he is not such a bad guy and become Elop worshipers.

3)Nokia gives out the remaining N950s to the occupiers and they go away.

4)Nokias calls the police. The occupiers are beaten and dragged away to jail, never to be heard from again....

Any volunteers?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Remember that Elop is not only Microsoft and WP, but also "Internet for the next billion" and a strong focus on Qt and QML. Removing Elop could also endanger those strategies. If Elop really wanted to kill the N9, he would have done this, IMHO, instead of splitting the world into WP and Symbian/MeeGo markets.
He most probably killed the first N9 design because it had serious issues and called people back to the drawing board to make sure the MeeGo phone will rock.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
btw. My guess there is max ten persons now working with the updates for n9 so credit to that team and alsi the qt team ofcourse.
Really?

http://meego.gitorious.org/meegotouc...commits/master