Active Topics

Reading abill_uk and misterc posts.

Last edited by Daneel; 2011-08-31 at 11:05.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pune, India
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
WOW your a sad man !!! how can you put a mobile before the girl in your life? blimy you need to see a doctor mate
Well i did put the mobile b4 my x-gf (now x).. well it made me realized she was a mistake... and yes it (Nokia N900) was a catalyst to the break-up..

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Having two girlfriends at the same time can be a problem
Three works better girls cant work in groups larger than two...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by avasz View Post
what does this mean? your usb port works fine now? or...??
The N900 charge on battery/wall chargers only if the data pins are shorted (d+ with d-), so that it know it can take as much current as it need without burning a motherboard.
Also only if the Ground pin and the extra pin are not shorted (that differentiate micro USB-A and micro USB-B).

This is expected behaviour as per design, but not as per user, I didn't know it at first. But my USB port has not been broken (yet)

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Frame drops all over the place in video recordings. Seriously, this device has so good audio, even in front of speakers while in the club / whereever, but the constant jerkiness destroys everything.

The worst thing about the N900 is the post-maemo stress (PMS) when I have to use Android, and my Android coworkers don't believe me when I say Maemo does this and does that much better. It's been almost all of 2011 and the PMS symptoms just won't go away.

But the worst single experience was of course when the bugger slid out of my shirt pocket and went swimming.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
The worst? Short answer: Stephen Elop

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
TMO
thankfully, the N900 works perfectly fine without it ¦-)

i have to deal with the phone's auto searching for an updated version of the apps whenever connected to the internet. it kicks the processor usage to 100% and can't do anything decent till it finishes searching. i don't understand why it has to suck all the resources compared to ios and android in notifying an updated version of apps...

The Following User Says Thank You to cloudstrife1ph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Waiting for that important phone call and then being unable to answer it because for some reason the phone has completely frozen up.

Or maybe it was using skype/google video calling whilst on holiday and coming back to a much larger than expected data roaming phone bill...