Active Topics

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
So N900 is gone. Now I am using Galaxy Tab P1000. Love the capacitive display, but multitasking is just awful. there in no way to close an app, you have to go into task manager and end tasks. Also many apps like to start by themselves and sit in the background, I have more the 20 of the sitting in the background. But overall I am satisfied, battery life is great, HSDPA is fast and browsing the web is great, flash works fine, tons of great apps.

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Originally Posted by esthreel View Post
Hello,
I hate when it starts to auto refresh ALL REPOS ON 3G!
There is an easy fix for that - as for much on the N900, which has to be the most customisable phone ever made.

Open x-term and type:

gconftool -s --type int /apps/hildon/update-notifier/check_interval 1440000

The phone will no longer auto update. Just go and do a manual update whenever you feel like it, instead.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Originally Posted by esthreel View Post
So N900 is gone. Now I am using Galaxy Tab P1000. Love the capacitive display, but multitasking is just awful. there in no way to close an app, you have to go into task manager and end tasks. Also many apps like to start by themselves and sit in the background, I have more the 20 of the sitting in the background. But overall I am satisfied, battery life is great, HSDPA is fast and browsing the web is great, flash works fine, tons of great apps.
Haha, I found this old post here, I have been away from this community for quite a some time. XDA is my new home. It's crazy to see there still is development going here. I sold my P1000 after a year and now bought Galaxy Tab 7.7 phablet. Great device. Snappy dual core, gorgeous non pentile SAMOLED plus 1280x800 display, big battery, and very thin at 7.8mm. Feels nice in hand.

Sometimes I look around for an old N900. 32GB is crazy amount of storage even today, and I loved the keyboard and things like x11 vnc, sftp and just clicking Ctrl + Shift + X and feeling like 1337 h4x0r