Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Hi Saturn,
I guess this logs the single cell you're connected.
Could it be possible to make it more accurate by calculating a triangulation between the nearest cells, and estimating the radius of uncertainty, like google maps on android uses to do?
Hi Debernardis,

When I get some time will check if DBus reports anything on the other (the non connected) cells. It seems many to be asking for this. If I find something maybe I can add it as an advanced method in the UI.

As I said, for the time being, my objective is to have something very light for the battery so that I can have it always on and logging in the background.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Would be a powerful tool for eg. smscon. (The new version never appeared - hijack alert!!!! so ....

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Would be a powerful tool for eg. smscon. (The new version never appeared - hijack alert!!!! so ....
I will for sure have a command to sent the last location for SMSCON. We have already discussed it briefly with digitalvoid.

On the delay, it is always more complex when two developers, but mostly because the app is way too complex. We are sitting on the new version for some time now - most probably we'll post something at the end of the month.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Caracas/Venezuela
It is not working for me! I don't get the coordinates when I press "Track on" nor when I check "Get Coordinates". When I activate "Edit mode" and press Image or Browser nothing happens.

Using the terminal to run the program I realize that "Image" and "browser" won't work because there are no values in the coordinates.

So what might be happening?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by seridyan View Post
It is not working for me! I don't get the coordinates when I press "Track on" nor when I check "Get Coordinates". When I activate "Edit mode" and press Image or Browser nothing happens.

Using the terminal to run the program I realize that "Image" and "browser" won't work because there are no values in the coordinates.

So what might be happening?
To clarify: no coords BUT you do get values for the cell id etc? I ask because that sounds like the situation that existed in the version before the current one. Current version is 1.9-1

@seridyan

The database is not complete (it is estimated to have in the order of 200,000 cells registered) and I have seen also places that the Google API would not return a location. In my case, moving ~100 metres further the new cell ID I got returned a location.

Did you try on different locations?

Well, I suppose the problem is that I live in Venezuela and there are no registered cells.

Btw, there is a little bug regarding the version. I have installed 1.9-1 but in "about" appears as if i have 1.8-1.

@handaxe: yes, It recovers all the cell info.

Originally Posted by seridyan View Post
Well, I suppose the problem is that I live in Venezuela and there are no registered cells.
Unlikely for the whole country. I see plenty of MCC=734, i.e. Venezuela
but it is possible for your operator. What's your MNC?

Btw, there is a little bug regarding the version. I have installed 1.9-1 but in "about" appears as if i have 1.8-1.
Then you must have 1.8-1.

What you get if you do in xterm:
Code:
dpkg -l snuggle

Unlikely for the whole country. I see plenty of MCC=734, i.e. Venezuela
but it is possible for your operator. What's your MNC?
MNC = 2

Then you must have 1.8-1.
I have 1.9-1