Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
hey your rice can make, nasi uduk or nasi padang.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
the only thing helps is isopropanol and an ultrasound device...

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
hahaha... I wouldn't dare eat it. Even if it was made into the best nasi briyani in the world....

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
hahaha... I wouldn't dare eat it. Even if it was made into the best nasi briyani in the world....
Anyway, you'll need to rinse the rice before cooking it for consumption, right? And what could be the level of "contamination"?

Don't you just love these threads and how they evolve to something else everytime...Maemo community are a bunch of fun, creative thinkers!

Well, good news and bad news. The good news is that the N900 boots up fine and seems to behave normally. The bad news is that it doesn't seem to act like a phone anymore: I get no cell signal or recognition of T-Mobile's network. Any suggestions? (I did have the SIM card in another phone for today and it worked fine.)

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
Well, good news and bad news. The good news is that the N900 boots up fine and seems to behave normally. The bad news is that it doesn't seem to act like a phone anymore: I get no cell signal or recognition of T-Mobile's network. Any suggestions? (I did have the SIM card in another phone for today and it worked fine.)
Let it stay even longer...out in a dry place, rice now I think it's useless. Let it dry a bit more...

As suggested, keep an eye on the battery or change it.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
You might need to disassemble to clean it up in this case, as it seems that the mosture has already corroded some contacts.

It might already too late to dry it up but if you wanna do, use silicon gel and put them with your N900 in an air-tight container for a day. Silicon gel is strong enough to extract the mosture inside the layers of circuits.

Silicon gel can be easily found in all shops selling professional cameras. Howeve, beware of the fact that silicon gels will change from blue to colorless(thus make them ineffective) very quickly if you expose them to normal room environment. So make sure put them into an air-tight box after the package is opened.

Last edited by 9000; 2011-03-10 at 02:40.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Oh wow... sucks to hear man.

But let's be honest... maybe it was a hint that you were paying more attention to the N900 than your wife. Shameful.

All jokes aside, I hope it straightens up for you though man...

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Not sure if this will work, but how about (gently) rubbing the SIM contact with a pen-eraser? Since you mentioned only network is not registering, it could be some contaminant on the contact points?

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong, CHINA
Check /var/log/syslog - see if there are any CMT errors, or what errors you see there.