Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
What an idiotic idea.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kajko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
Boards dont go looking for new CEOs without a reason.
Rumour has it Ollila was pressured from US investors to put Elop in charge. Vanjoki was supposed to be the one but instead it was Elop and Vanjoki left the company the day after.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/23/a...the-ceo-it-is/

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
I find this plan very interesting, but i don't knw if it's going to be right. Also, there's a part that seems like revenge, that of "Leadership team shakeup", so I don't know if it's legitimate or just a try to gain better position inside Nokia.
I really like "Aggressively recruit young software talent from top universities", this is already being done by Microsoft and government proyects.
"Restructure alliance with Microsoft as a tactical exercise focused primarily at the North American market" HEY, they are not throwing all to waste, they are proposing a reasonable place for "that thing" called WP7...
The other points... don't really know how real or factible or useful would be... specially R&D schema, I'm not developer so don't know if that Centralization would really help..
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Last edited by strange1712; 2011-02-14 at 23:39. Reason: Misinterpreted something...

The Following User Says Thank You to strange1712 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by longcat View Post
src link pls?
https://www.microsoft.com/presspass/...rtnership.mspx

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
I should correct myself. According to this page http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...microsoft.html MS has 3% market share in the smartphone segment, down from 12% last year, but that includes older versions too. WP7 had 1.5% market share in Q4.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Plan B can't be trusted why would shareholders try and cause inner fighting like that and watch there investment plummet.
they have no long term vision they only registered the domain for 1 year.
yet they think they know whats best for nokia in long term lol.
give it a rest you anonymous idiots.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by exo View Post
The 'Plan B' strategy reads like a wishlist, the whole thing seems to be an idea of eliminating all cost-cutting and increasing spending on new talent to bet the entire company on MeeGo. The reason Nokia is in its current situation is the board decided they don't want to bet the company on MeeGo. A plan that outlines an absolute boatload of spending with no financial plan isn't going to get anywhere.
It's like the current one with ms/elop but with hope if their hard work pays off.

And it's based on open-source so the whole of humanity won't end up losers like Nokia's employees, shareholders and stakeholders in the current scenario.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ the netherlands
the problem with this is, everyone can set this up.
some point are very good, soms are very questionable.
I think they should come with a new strategy for their own plan.
It doesn't look very real right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Drips For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
no offence but that article sounds like it was written by the love child of Texrat and Tomi Ahonen.
So much in common with the style

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
no offence but that article sounds like it was written by the love child of Texrat and Tomi Ahonen.
So much in common with the style
Agreed and the tone does not match with the regular share-holders official press release. The tone is very straight forward.

Seriously guys get over it. Its not like this is the end of the world. Sure it was not something that was most of the tech. enthusiasts wanted but it was a pure business decision.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:

Tags
a hoax, alcalde babble, bla bla bla, micronokiasoft, nokia sux nuts, nokia=epic fail, plan(a-z), plan(t)