Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
I knew Meego would fail when I heard it would be called Meego.
I know Maemo was rescued when I heard that Intel and Nokia will work together. Now that Microsoft has its claws on NOKIA our Baby is already free...

...without MeeGo Microsoft would have now full control over Maemo! (think about this fact for a while)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Incorrect/rather inaccurate
Do you have any pointers to the public discussion on this (if there was any)? All the info I managed to find is that bug report and a couple of references in meego-packaging/meego-commits :-/

the things installed on device obligated to be there to be compliant
Well, as far as I can see that list still includes bash 4.0 which is definitely GPLv3, so I'm missing the point of the whole exercise.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
I knew Meego would fail when I started using Nokia N900 smartphone and noticed that it was not a good phone and not smart either.

I felt MeeGo was a NoGo for Nokia when I saw that the real leader on that project was Intel. Their servers, their project managers, their rpms etc.

Now MeeGo become LetMeGoooo.

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
I know Maemo was rescued when I heard that Intel and Nokia will work together. Now that Microsoft has its claws on NOKIA our Baby is already free...

...without MeeGo Microsoft would have now full control over Maemo! (think about this fact for a while)
I hope you are right...

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Rephrase it so it's a little more factual

I knew Nokia will not support meego when...

they only sent 3 people to work on it.
Where are Mythbusters when we need them? Nokia is shipping a MeeGo device this year, obviously more than 3 people have been working on it.

No one knows if Meego would fail entirely.

But if you thought everything was fine when Ari Jalski left so suddenly, then you are one naive kid.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
when Ari Jaaksi left

I knew this was doomed when:

* Nokia canned Maemo

* Canned N900 Development

* No OVI services for Maemo

* No Marketing of N900

* Heard the same tune from Nokia management about long term plans

* The same failed leadership were not fired early enough ... some are still around.

* Because of Meego I saw that no phone would be released to replace the N900 and the Maemo hype early enough leading to an OS that would be DOA.

* Development confusion as to what and who was working on what.

* Unrealistic time frames for the OS to be delivered.

* Nokia went SILENT and couldn't defend it's position ... I think this lack of initiative to publically back and boast about your future platform was ultimately the most destructive. It showed no confidence of Meego and Maemo from day one. It was a lacklustre play for time by the previous management.

So now I stand here mad at Elop's decision but in retrospect he is the first confident Nokia CEO and one with a plan who is actively selling it. I hate the decision, but I wonder if this came about because of the horrible leadership of the past. So I am angry at the collective management from the present to the past ... sorely disappointed as to how the great juggernaut Nokia is now at the whims of MS.

BTW, I knew because Nokia has always been non-committal and so past experience shows they keep missing targets and dropping peoples expectations quite too often (N97).

The Following User Says Thank You to MoJo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
I knew MeeGo would fail when Chuck Norris left the Threads on here and started hanging out on MacRumors

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:

Tags
extendedtroll, just shoot me, popcorn time, srsly wanna die, thread fail