Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
Evertyhing on conversations.nokia.com is just PR, nothing to rely on. As we've seen last week...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Underneath all the MS and Elop hating sentiments (which is understanding), I don't see much introspective thoughts at all.

After 4+ years of maemo development and 'only' arriving at a commercially unsuccessful n900; only to be sent off to an arranged marriage with Intel. Don't you think there has been something missing all along in the roadmap and how it's been executed?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Even if they release a phone late 2011(which is very likley) This product will lack support far worse than the n900. even do I really want a meego phone I will not buy it. Nokia must relase at least two meego phones and prove they really want meego in their protfolio before i even consider buy from nokia again.

And im sure it won't happen.
I understood Nokia will release ONE Meego based phone in 2011. Elop explicitly stated they will not put any further resources into Meego phones, as they do not want a competing effort to MS WP.

By shutting down Symbian and MeeGo for phones, focusing on MS WP Elop will focus Nokia and save cost, cost, cost by letting everyone go who's not needed in the new scenario. The layoffs will be absolutely massive.

Last edited by Gadgety; 2011-02-13 at 11:46.

On the topic of MeeGo, the Nokia people at http://conversations.nokia.com were posting this -

we expect to deliver a MeeGo-related device later this year but that device is best defined as an ‘opportunity to learn’.
looks like another step 4 of 5

You cannot trust Nokia anymore. Another company should buy nokia's meego division. Meego is still an attractive brand/product for a newcomer in the mobile market.

Or an established mobile phone manufacturer from the east..

Hope this happens.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
ir HTC or samsung buy MEEGO then I will wipe my own feaces and throw at Elop's face as an insult to his stupidity

ir HTC or samsung buy MEEGO then I will wipe my own feaces and throw at Elop's face as an insult to his stupidity
Well nokia has to sell it first. But I guess those working on meego feel completely ****ed right now, so nokia may as well let them go.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Stonik View Post
I'm pretty sure there are some people working in Nokia, who don't give a damn about Microsoft and the new partnership. So hopefully this makes them to push even harder to really show what Nokia's MeeGo is all about.
you have to be kidding if they do they get kicked. also the Microsoft guys probady will FEEEED eengineer with theyr platform and give them alot of money to fine restuarants lots of payed travels to us to learn theyr culture.

and what engineer wouldt buy that??

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
You cannot trust Nokia anymore. Another company should buy nokia's meego division. Meego is still an attractive brand/product for a newcomer in the mobile market.

Or an established mobile phone manufacturer from the east..

Hope this happens.
I better say this about Nokia cause they just got sold.

Nokia can not trust Microsoft but they did cause the board prfobadly got to much attention from the Microsoft.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Given the magnitude of the announcements on Friday, and the bluntness of them, the fact that Nokia are taking the time to state that Meego development would continue as an "experimentation" platform "exploring disruptive technologies", and that a Meego device would be launched later in 2011, is a small ray of hope, and a trip back to 770 & N800 days where the NITs were "skunkworks" R&D projects

We know previously that the next device was supposed be a maemo/meego hybrid to have the harmattan UI layer (whatever that is/was) on top of meego. and hopefully that a community port to he N900 would be made.

What we need and probably won't get until the launch is any details, and whether it can/will be backported to the N900.

If we get a new OS build and device, and the OS runs on the N900 well, and Nokia turn their Meego efforts towards experimental and innovative stuff similar to what Nokia Beta Labs has been doing (99.9% on symbian granted) then the future could actually be quite bright........

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Tags
elopcalypse