Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
It is really strange how attached people become, not only to their phone, but even to a manufacturer.

Get the phone you want, be it Nokia, Apple, HTC or whatever. If you get the phone you want (not OS, not a manufacturer, not a designer), you will have largest chanse of being satisfied with your choice.
This couldn't be further from the truth. OS and UX will be the differentiating factors going forward. Consider the case of PCs... with hardware capabilities converging manufacturers have had to compete on UX, adding their own bloatware on top of MS Windows.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
But rest assure. Symbian is also high end. The E7 will cost more than the N9. Savander has no clue, he is still living in the past when Nokias ultimate aim was world domination and not making good phones.
No idea where this is coming from. I can guarantee you that the N9 will cost more than the E7. N = high end = cost of little importance to end users.

From a business perspective, investing more into bringing Symbian's UX up to speed is absolutely a smart decision for Nokia. Like it or not, dumbphones will be around for some time to come and Symbian dominates this space.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
This couldn't be further from the truth. OS and UX will be the differentiating factors going forward. Consider the case of PCs... with hardware capabilities converging manufacturers have had to compete on UX, adding their own bloatware on top of MS Windows.

No idea where this is coming from. I can guarantee you that the N9 will cost more than the E7. N = high end = cost of little importance to end users.

From a business perspective, investing more into bringing Symbian's UX up to speed is absolutely a smart decision for Nokia. Like it or not, dumbphones will be around for some time to come and Symbian dominates this space.

Nothing more to say.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
Symbian sucks. End of story. In 3 years it might not, but until then it will suck and any devices that ship with it will also suck. This means that Nokia will also suck. I wash my hands of Nokia.

Technically I am a noob so do not shoot me...
What does it mean to N900 if there is no future to neither maemo nor Meego?

Originally Posted by mmurfin87 View Post
Symbian sucks. End of story. In 3 years it might not, but until then it will suck and any devices that ship with it will also suck. This means that Nokia will also suck. I wash my hands of Nokia.
Wise words by Mr Sucker himself AKA mmurfin87

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by avim View Post
If true, it would mean that the N900 would slowly dead end. However, keep in mind that the sun will eventually expand and burn up the earth. Since this will be some time from now, for all practical purposes there isn't an immediate problem.

It is funny, 2 weeks ago I bought a second N900 because the first was dropped in a pool of water and did not start again.
Actually, I like the capabilities in the N900

Originally Posted by avim View Post
Maemo is technically not dead, the N9 will ship with it. MeeGo is definitely not dead. The N900 will live until the N9 comes along, then it will be dead, but that's years into the future - or perhaps not, who knows. Does it really matter anyway? The N900 is her now.

jup, you are all doomed now

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
...and when some people lift their eyes from their own bellybutton, he/she could realize that there is a hella lot more in the world outside north america.

what about gazillion people from india, africa, developing countries etc? they want to get to the internets but OLPC isn't enough unless someone has built wlan/wimax/you name it across africa in last couple hours. but I suppose you realize by now that which network is already there (and used really actively when compared to amount of money available for it), which devices can access the web and serve also as normal cellular phone same time, which device is easily charged with solar power, ...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post: