Active Topics

Poll: Buy n900 again?
Poll Options
Buy n900 again?

Nope. It's fate's way of telling me that the N900 is meant to be end up with the sh1t and piss...

The Following User Says Thank You to chatbox For This Useful Post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htdc4...eature=related

This is what it would look like.

In response to the question, it's very likely I'd buy another one.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
Its still the best at what it does, so yes, I would buy another.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
I wouldn't buy another one, simply because I would never risk dropping anything into the toilet (and in the last 30 years that never happened to me - guess I'm just not of the toilet-dropping type? ).

Well, IF for some strange reasons one of my friends was with me, getting a grab of my N900 to do one of the various fun things you can do with it, and for some strange reason he did it while walking past the lavatory, and for some strange reason the door was open and he dripped, fell through the door, lost grip of the N900 and it fell down, right into the opening of my toilet...

... I would just jump in between my friend and the toilet, catch his body with mine, swiftly raise my hand, catch my little baby (the N900, not my friend), bump my head on the toilet, loose conciousness and be delivered into the hospital, still clutching my N900.

Okay, well, in case I wasn't fast enough, I guess I would have to buy another one.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nathraiben For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
There is no question about it! I would definitely buy another one. I might do so anyway in case it happened something. No other telephone can be compared to the n900. So long as no one els releases a debian based phone.. the n900 is it.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Francisco
If you want a phone, no. Definitely not. Too many issues with charging and battery life, contact management, no distinctive ringtones, poor touchscreen and interaction modes, no supported MMS, crap GPS and mapping.

Looking for a palm-top -- perhaps. Even with X, it still doesn't do what it should.

Alas, why I'll likely never recommend the N900 to my friends

Non-nerd apps; USB charging - generic and reliable; Distinctive ring tones; GPS failure to lock; Competitive "maps" application; Supported MMS, iSync, Bluetooth

(The feeble FM transmitter bugs me too)

The Following User Says Thank You to jeffsf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
No, I'm so disappointed in it that I wouldn't buy another one, iPhone 4 it is!

Originally Posted by jeffsf View Post
If you want a smartphone, no. Definitely not. Too many issues with charging and battery life, contact management, no distinctive ringtones, poor touchscreen and interaction modes, no supported MMS, crap GPS and mapping.
Corrected that for you. A phone makes and receives phone calls. Most of what you said isn't a requirement in a phone. And I agree (with my change) the N900 is a terrible smartphone.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Tricky question: it all would depend on the kind of transit that just got released in the toillet
Seriously, provided it is broken from this accident I would certinainly buy a second hand one.
There are plenty for around Euro 300 (obviously from people who lack the imanation to put it to use ; )
And the flushed one can serve in as source for spare parts

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
I'm unsure. I would be sorely tempted to get myself a Streak instead, and probably a dumbphone as well for when I need portability. Though I cant help thinking that going back to two devices from one would be a regression.

Tags
fanboys' heaven, n900 sh*t smell, take one from a, tmo troll cheap