Active Topics

Originally Posted by Africa View Post
First off, this is not a runt
So, it is a runt.

Once i owned it, I really tried to love the N900, but it just got worser by the day.
Very original. I am sure everyone here has been dying to know of your experience.

So right now im waiting for my Nexus One. Thats the phone i should have bought from the very beginning.
As you are still waiting for it, what makes you think you should have bought it from the beginning?

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Yet ANOTHER useless thread... Ok, you don't like the phone and bought a new one - WHO CARES?! Really?! No, I don't care reading reviews in favour or against the N900, but reviews at least have some informative value - what does a useless rant have, besides the usual slender?

Honest to god I never meant to offend anyone. Iv been an avid supporter of the N900, what killed it for me mostly is that Nokia themselves don't seem to really care much about it for one, I happened to port android to the n900 through the help of some pple here and i loved it, it's not as closed as iPhone nor is it as immature as maemo. That's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
Eh, if the N900 had a decent amount of developers and apps available, even just a small fraction of what Android has in the Marketplace, it would be much better off. I've considered doing the same thing as the OP, and dropping my N900 and throwing the SIM in a Nexus One. My wife has a Droid and even without true multitasking and a command prompt, the apps make it worth it. Navigation is top notch, the video games rock, Android has Trapster (heck, Blackberry has Trapster).

I love my N900 and I use the heck out of it everyday, but it has not caught on with developers and there is a sever lack of apps for it. I might go for a Nexus One as well if I can find a decent price on one.
exactly... Sooner or later, these die hard N900 users will realize that Nokia don't care about the n900 their energy it seems is towards meego or what ever they might call it in couple months from now. Getting them to fix basic stuff and getting support from them is a nightmare. I too love my N900 but i have come to realize the n900 days are numbered and i am really pissed at Nokia for the way they have treated and handled the N900. Just like what sony did with the Xperia i see nokia doing the same thing with the n900. I hated how Sony treated its customers who payed top $$$ for the Sony Xperia X1... Came over to Nokia and i am getting the same **** from them. No ovi store support, no REAL GPS maps.... didn't they promise us ovi store map sometime in Feb/March of this year?? I can go on and on and please don't even try and taint me as a troll. If Nokia keeps up this you die hard N900 will be right at my corner. I am just waiting for GOOD Android phone that i like. I see my N900 sleeping next to the Sony X1 Xperia before they year is over or maybe next.

PS: Nokia do something alright....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
exactly... Sooner or later, these die hard N900 users will realize that Nokia don't care about the n900 their energy it seems is towards meego or what ever they might call it in couple months from now. Getting them to fix basic stuff and getting support from them is a nightmare. I too love my N900 but i have come to realize the n900 days are numbered and i am really pissed at Nokia for the way they have treated and handled the N900. Just like what sony did with the Xperia i see nokia doing the same thing with the n900. I hated how Sony treated its customers who payed top $$$ for the Sony Xperia X1... Came over to Nokia and i am getting the same **** from them. No ovi store support, no REAL GPS maps.... didn't they promise us ovi store map sometime in Feb/March of this year?? I can go on and on and please don't even try and taint me as a troll. If Nokia keeps up this you die hard N900 will be right at my corner. I am just waiting for GOOD Android phone that i like. I see my N900 sleeping next to the Sony X1 Xperia before they year is over or maybe next.

PS: Nokia do something alright....
Awwww, you poor thing. Does baby want Nokia to hold his hand like Mr Jobs does ... Well, his grip is more around your neck, but still ...

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by DrSteve View Post
So, will Google Docs run on your Google Phone?
Actually... yes it will.

And you people might have misunderstood... I think he meant "rant" and not "runt". Misspells happen around these parts on an epic level.

N900 is the best, f*** the rest

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turkishflavor For This Useful Post:
I have a n900 and my son has a nexus I'm happy he's happy we have differing wants from a phone but he is now on his third replacement and it still wont accept sms

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Africa View Post
I happened to port android to the n900 through the help of some pple here
I don't believe you. You may installed it with much help from some people here but you never ported it

Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
Eh, if the N900 had a decent amount of developers and apps available, even just a small fraction of what Android has in the Marketplace, it would be much better off. I've considered doing the same thing as the OP, and dropping my N900 and throwing the SIM in a Nexus One. My wife has a Droid and even without true multitasking and a command prompt, the apps make it worth it. Navigation is top notch, the video games rock, Android has Trapster (heck, Blackberry has Trapster).

I love my N900 and I use the heck out of it everyday, but it has not caught on with developers and there is a sever lack of apps for it. I might go for a Nexus One as well if I can find a decent price on one.
I love the N900 but this hits home for me, too. I had to dig out my G1 the other day to look something up and I was sad to realize how much I missed my apps that I used every day. Then when I went to the market and downloaded the Kindle app, I was even sadder.

I know there isn't a perfect phone out there but if I had an emulator (not dual boot) where I could run Android apps, 99% of my irritation with the N900 would go away. I would pay for an Android emulator. Like I would pay for a decent RSS feed reader with feed adding search functionality. And ports of Coloroid and Zen Garden. And some of the flying apps that have shown up in the market since I got my Nokia.

And that's the problem, I think developers assume that Linux users won't pay for apps and that's not true. Maybe on the desktop it might be - and honestly on my home server machine I've never needed to - but mobiles are different.

I'm not a software developer or I would take a stab at porting some apps. I know back in my Motorola A780 days there would be bounties posted for desired apps. Is there something similar for N900? Developers should get some rewards from their efforts or they'll eventually stop or move on to the next platform.

I'm turned off by Google and Apple's big brother behavior so that's not the solution. But it's all about the apps, especially when you sink hundreds of unsubsidized dollars into a phone - you want equal functionality and it's not unreasonable to want it. I just don't know how to help make it happen.

Terry

Tags
delete me, fanboys gallery, user fail, worstthreadever