Active Topics

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by petur View Post
I finally tried to do the overclocking, but I was stopped pretty early in my tracks.

I installed the above packages, and rebooted. Then I had about 10 crashes (phone rebooting), without me even doing any configuration. Max uptime about 5 minutes :/

I was under the impression that the enhanced kernel would boot with the same settings as the regular one, so why the crashes?

I reverted back to the original kernel and all is stable again.

Running PR1.2

Any ideas?
Maybe something did not install correct? Or maybe something els is conflicting.. Did you change the settings something?

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
I already had rootsh installed, just went to the HAM and installed the other two.

I may try again when I find some time, just wanted to know if this was known or had happened before.

I've got bit different problem, it's not that it crashes for me but installing titan's kernel and settings from extras gave me freeze spikes after reboot. I've tried to load config and set frequency but that had no effect. After that I unistalled kernel which bring it normal state.

Looks like there's a piece of software which cause conflict with the custom kernel.

Please try installing custom kernel, but not installing the settings package, and see if the freezes still occur.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
I've uninstalled QCPUfreq and Titan's kernel software, then installed only Titan's kernel and it's working alright. As Matan said, settings change something just by installing it =/.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
When you install the Kernel for linux power users it should pull the settings as a dependant.

Try completely uninstalling and then re-install kernel for linux power users from the extras-dev repo (make sure it's not the one marked 'Please Remove'.)

Then see what happens after a reboot.
If it's stable you can then go to xterm, gain root by typing
root
(press enter after every command)
kernel-config load ideal
This will now be running the settings 'ideal', this is one of the settings files that will/should install with the kernel.

to see the details of the kernel type
kernel-config show
This will show you min-max freq and all those in between.

if you would like to alter the frequencies, type
kernel-config limits 250 1000
I've used 250 as the minimum limit and 1000 as the upper limit, change these to what ever you would like (out of the available freq's).

If you would like to set this as the default so it will run these settings automatically at boot, type

kernel-config save myconfig
This will save your settings in a file called 'myconfig'

next save them as default by typing
kernel-config default myconfig
Done

--::Usual warning: yada yada yada:::--

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Floripa - Brasil
crashdamage, i did it all!

but ini conky my cpu doesn't get lower than 500mhz
even typing "kernel-config limits 250 750"
it reaches 750mhz ok but doesn't drop more than 500mhz

is any other way to do it?

Last edited by brandl; 2010-07-27 at 20:45.

Originally Posted by brandl View Post
crashdamage, i did it all!

but ini conky my cpu doesn't get lower than 500mhz
even typing "kernel-config limits 250 750"
it reaches 750mhz ok but doesn't drop more than 500mhz

is any other way to do it?
Take a look at a the line in your config that deals with the active frequencies - I am willing to be you will see 500 as the first entry - without entries for lower settings it will never drp back to 250 etc.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

uuuups updated today, now nothing works ( i.g. booting from multiboot 2.5 and changing the clocks from QBW, ah besides even changing to ideal doesnt work ´cause xterm says that the kernel isnt running. what did i do wrong?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Floripa - Brasil
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Take a look at a the line in your config that deals with the active frequencies - I am willing to be you will see 500 as the first entry - without entries for lower settings it will never drp back to 250 etc.
hy there. i saw that when it's connected to pc trough usb cable, it didn't get lower than 500mhz. when i disconected it, automaticaly droped to 250mhz in low usage cpu.