Active Topics

ok, I went to compsa and got one. I have a friend who I'll probably sell my backordered unit to.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
I went to the Castleton mall (Indiana) store and they didn't have a display out. I almost gave up and left before noticing they had several behind glass in one of the cases they keep the expensive stuff in-- cameras, PDAs, etc. The guy there said they just came in today and hadn't had a chance to set the display up. Now I have one am I 1337 yet? There were probably three there (now two!).

I got the $50 discount at NokiaUSA. Add the extra $40 it costs at CompUSA and it's a $90 difference. I can't justify that

I'm just completely shocked that those of us who pre-ordered on the 14th are not getting shipping notices (or any kind of communication) from NokiaUSA before they are available at retail stores.

Knowing my luck I'll get it mid-December and then Steve Jobs will introduce the new Applet at Mac World in January

--t

I ordered it before the email went out saying it was avalible. It shipped earlier today

Seems I logged onto itT just in the nick of time!

The one in Glen Burnie, MD was sent three. (As with others, I had to drive there. Phone calls were useless.)

Now they have only two.

Pics guys! Upload them at the gallery.

Thanks guys! I found one at Compusa and now I'm typing this at a bar.

My CompUSA had no display. I had to talk to several employees before I found one that knew about the 770. He said that they received two on Friday and he pulled them out of a locked cabinet behind the cell phones.

Last edited by Biomech; 2005-12-04 at 05:27.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Internet_Cafe_W3
Nokia, Nokia, Nokia where is my 770! ARRRRGH

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Well, I went to the closest CompUSA and asked the guy at the desk. He looked puzzled at the search results (which were showing 3 units in stock).

He then told me he couldn't sell them because their website said it wasn't available in stores; suggesting they were going to put out an ad on Monday. I was ok until he started to tell me all about the 770 (which he never heard of until I asked) which was annoying.

Anyways; I'll be back tomorrow to see if I can find someone who will sell one :-)

Brad.

Last edited by bradb; 2005-12-04 at 07:31. Reason: correct my embarassingly bad spelling

@brad, thats total bs, go get it : )

I went and checked 'm out on friday, they had three, + one on display. went back on saturday and bought the first one. In fact, i am posting this from the 770