Active Topics

Last night I called CompUSAs in Montlake Terrace and Kirkland, WA to find out their 770 status. There are no 770 displays up, but they're claimed to be on order and will arrive "next week", or "within a week or two", depending on who I asked.

Bummer about no displays - I was ready to drive over last night just so I could fondle one.

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
Originally Posted by Reggie
So, are they selling them already? Do they have stock?
Forgot to ask that important question. Too busy BSing with the rep about tech toys.

Originally Posted by Mike Cane
Which CUSA? I don't have a Psychic GPS yet!
Mike, calm the heck down man! I live in AZ, but cusa is everywhere.

I've thorougly enjoyed reading your posts regarding the palm (former T3 owner, former as in my wife won't give it back) on that palm site that you post alot to. I look forward to your attitude/take on 770 ownership.

And now for the money shot:
(I hope that worked)
Attached Images

Originally Posted by gultig
Forgot to ask that important question. Too busy BSing with the rep about tech toys.

Mike, calm the heck down man! I live in AZ, but cusa is everywhere.

I've thorougly enjoyed reading your posts regarding the palm (former T3 owner, former as in my wife won't give it back) on that palm site that you post alot to. I look forward to your attitude/take on 770 ownership.

And now for the money shot:
(I hope that worked)
*fap fap fap*

I got to see one on display at a CompUSA store here in Atlanta. It has a larger footprint then I imagined. The screen was great but their demo wasn't working properly (it was pulling an IP from the wireless AP in the store but couldn't browse any sites for some reason).

Nice little display they had prominently displaying the 770. However, putting it alongside 2 Nokia phones was a mistake IMO. I saw a couple of people go up and say something about it being a weird looking phone. It also doesn't help that the display model couldn't access the web.

Ah well, at least I finally got to hold one.

Jeff

Originally Posted by rgbyhkr
I got to see one on display at a CompUSA store here in Atlanta. It has a larger footprint then I imagined. The screen was great but their demo wasn't working properly (it was pulling an IP from the wireless AP in the store but couldn't browse any sites for some reason).

Nice little display they had prominently displaying the 770. However, putting it alongside 2 Nokia phones was a mistake IMO. I saw a couple of people go up and say something about it being a weird looking phone. It also doesn't help that the display model couldn't access the web.

Ah well, at least I finally got to hold one.

Jeff
The one at my local cusa had the same issues, that is untill I set the cusa access point as default and connect on demand. For some reason , either the router or the 770 didn't like it any other way.

Someone from Nokia really should send out a document describing these steps. It's nice to be able to walk up to a display and everything just works. I even put a bookmark to ITT in it. (Was going to load it up with whatever was on my 770s rsmmc, but ran out of time.)

I've already written about the 770 months ago. See http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkonther...erun_gues.html

I'll be hitting CUSA on Friday. Last night I went to the Wired Store to fondle the OQO -- and ran into a debut ball for the Nokia 6682 phone!

Thanks for that picture.

How was the 6682 party Mike? Did you ever spot the Nokia 770 in there?

Oh man! There was a 770 there?! I was too busy fondling the OQO (they got it running again) and trying WiFi on the PSP. Wish I had had more time -- for one, I would have grabbed more food and, before I left, had some wine. Oh, the burden of tech lust!

Originally Posted by Mike Cane
I've already written about the 770 months ago.
I know. I think I read that review within hours of it's posting.

Originally Posted by gultig
I look forward to your attitude/take on 770 ownership.
Fondling here and there aint like buying the cow.
(Can't believe I'm sticking with that metaphor. )

Missed that word.